• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dental

Sending lots of vibes for Jimmy. I hope that the vet's treatment today brings about some improvement.

Thank you.
It's going to be a long day. Jimmy has ongoing dentals and they are very regular , I always think to myself once he is sick more than he is well I should let him go and he hasn't been right since Norah left. He has a new friend now but he hasn't eaten much and hasn't been the same for 3 weeks. .
If he doesn't pull through it will be because this is the way it's meant to be. If he Does pull through, then it's a blessing and he's meant to stay for Now.
I will leave it in the hands of the universe to decide.
It's hard when you want to control an outcome but I've found out as lve got older that most things in life you can't control. We can only hope for a positive outcome.
Thanks for the support.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I used to have a bunny who needed very regular dentals as well, and who struggled to eat a lot of the time and was in the same place Jimmy is now several times, and I know how hard it can be and how it can often seem like they won't make it, or like they're struggling so much that it would be more kind to let them go. As long as they're still enjoying life it's easy to see that we should help them live in the best way we can, but since you say Jimmy hasn't been the same since Norah died, and hasn't been eating much, even with him having a new friend, I can see why you're thinking about this. It sounds like he's still grieving, and possibly with time he'll feel better, or it could be medical issues that just happen to coincide with your losing Norah, or both; it's hard to say. The only thing you can do is make sure he has all he needs, including good vet care, and then hope for a positive outcome like you said.

Adding my vibes for Jimmy - I really hope he responds to treatment & recovers well. Such a worrying time

My gorgeous gentle boy has gone to be with his wife. Heartbroken beyond words and feel like a light had gone out inside of me. Losing 2 in 3 weeks is unbearable, I've never hurt like this before in my life and I've lost close family.. He bonded with a new girl and now she's left. (not for long)
How do i get through this. Everything was about norah and Jimmy , everything around me is them. I am Struggling [emoji22]

Oh no :cry: I’m so very sorry. You did everything you could do for him :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Oh no :cry: I’m so very sorry. You did everything you could do for him :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx
Thank you , I just feel so confused lost and empty. He Bonded instantly but I just think he was broken and needed support. Now dolly's been through so much so soon In her little life losing her friend after 3 weeks.

It's hard to move on when your heartbroken. [emoji174]

Thank you , I just feel so confused lost and empty. He Bonded instantly but I just think he was broken and needed support. Now dolly's been through so much so soon In her little life losing her friend after 3 weeks.

It's hard to move on when your heartbroken. [emoji174]

I know :cry: hugs xx

Oh no big hugs!

I'm so sorry for your losses. It's so hard to lose one I just can't imagine.

Binky free together little ones.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Oh no big hugs!

I'm so sorry for your losses. It's so hard to lose one I just can't imagine.

Binky free together little ones.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Thank you. I was wearing a necklace with Norah's ashes in that was engraved guide me, so I think that is exactly what happened. Xxxx

My gorgeous gentle boy has gone to be with his wife. Heartbroken beyond words and feel like a light had gone out inside of me. Losing 2 in 3 weeks is unbearable, I've never hurt like this before in my life and I've lost close family.. He bonded with a new girl and now she's left. (not for long)
How do i get through this. Everything was about norah and Jimmy , everything around me is them. I am Struggling [emoji22]

I am so, so sorry to read this sad update :cry: You will get through this, but allow yourself as much time as you need. The rawness of this time will hopefully be replaced by wonderful memories. You will always have Norah and Jimmy safe in your heart.

Sending you loads of hugs.

I am so, so sorry to read this sad update :cry: You will get through this, but allow yourself as much time as you need. The rawness of this time will hopefully be replaced by wonderful memories. You will always have Norah and Jimmy safe in your heart.

Sending you loads of hugs.
Thank you. Xxxx

I know that there are no words that can take away the pain you are feeling :cry: So instead I am sending you many hugs.

RIP Jimmy :cry:

Oh, no... I'm so, so sorry you lost Jimmy... Like Zoobec said, you did everything you could for him. It must be devastating, losing both him and Norah so close together. I'm so sorry...

Back