Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dental

Does Jimmy have tooth root elongation as well as problems with the crowns of his teeth ? Does he have any lumps along his jawline ?

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Does Jimmy have tooth root elongation as well as problems with the crowns of his teeth ? Does he have any lumps along his jawline ?
    Yes he has tooth root issues last shown on an X-ray but seems fine along his jaw line. X

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

It may be that the dental has aggregated the nerves in his tooth roots so it will hurt when he chews. Hopefully this should ease off over a few days. I agree that giving Metacam 12 hourly would be better than giving it every 24 hours. Rabbits metabolise Meloxicam, the active ingredient in Metacam, faster than other species so once daily dosing may not give 24 hour analgesic cover x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

It may be that the dental has aggregated the nerves in his tooth roots so it will hurt when he chews. Hopefully this should ease off over a few days. I agree that giving Metacam 12 hourly would be better than giving it every 24 hours. Rabbits metabolise Meloxicam, the active ingredient in Metacam, faster than other species so once daily dosing may not give 24 hour analgesic cover x
    You are always so good at putting my mind at ease and telling me what I need to know, thank you.
    I've rang the vet anyway and waiting for a call back to see if banana and porridge will be suitable until he feels better and to see if I can up his metacam dose
    thank you xx

Hope that the Vet gets back to you soon

Hope that the Vet gets back to you soon
    Took Jimmy to the vets this morning and they kept him in as his stomach was starting to bloat, he's still wincing when trying to eat and holding food in his mouth and then dropping it. They checked inside his mouth again and said there was a white mark on his cheek where they filed the tooth ,either caused by the tooth or the procedure, so that will be what is hurting him. Norah had statis 3 weeks ago that ended Her life so im so very very worried.
    Can rabbits come back from this.?
    I know i always do what i can to to help my bunnies and I knew this time it wasn't working.
    I know he's in the right place even though the stress may make him worse.
    They are giving him fluids and monitering him.
    I'm so worried X

Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    Took Jimmy to the vets this morning and they kept him in as his stomach was starting to bloat, he's still wincing when trying to eat and holding food in his mouth and then dropping it. They checked inside his mouth again and said there was a white mark on his cheek where they filed the tooth ,either caused by the tooth or the procedure, so that will be what is hurting him. Norah had statis 3 weeks ago that ended Her life so im so very very worried.
    I know i always do what i can to to help my bunnies and I knew this time it wasn't working.
    I'm so worried X

I am sorry that he is not doing too well. Certainly getting him admitted for intensive care will give him the best chance of recovery. Fluid therapy can make a huge difference when a Rabbit is in gut stasis. I really hope that he will start to respond to treatment soon. Maybe the Vet will takes some bloods to see if there are any kidney or liver problems contributing to his slow recovery. Sending lots of vibes for him x

Sending lots more vibes, I’m sorry he’s not doing too well xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    I'm so worried X

Lots and lots of vibes for Jimmy. No wonder you're so very worried after losing Norah to statis just 3 weeks ago... I'm so sorry you lost her. Jimmy really is in the right place now, and I hope he'll start to feel better soon now that he's getting treatment. Rabbits can definitely come back from this, but it needs time, both for the treatment to work and for the sore in his mouth to heal. All you can do in the meantime is keeping them as comfortable as possible, and it sounds like you're doing all you can for him.

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Lots and lots of vibes for Jimmy. No wonder you're so very worried after losing Norah to statis just 3 weeks ago... I'm so sorry you lost her. Jimmy really is in the right place now, and I hope he'll start to feel better soon now that he's getting treatment. Rabbits can definitely come back from this, but it needs time, both for the treatment to work and for the sore in his mouth to heal. All you can do in the meantime is keeping them as comfortable as possible, and it sounds like you're doing all you can for him.
    Thank you.
    It's going to be a long day. Jimmy has ongoing dentals and they are very regular , I always think to myself once he is sick more than he is well I should let him go and he hasn't been right since Norah left. He has a new friend now but he hasn't eaten much and hasn't been the same for 3 weeks. .
    If he doesn't pull through it will be because this is the way it's meant to be. If he Does pull through, then it's a blessing and he's meant to stay for Now.
    I will leave it in the hands of the universe to decide.
    It's hard when you want to control an outcome but I've found out as lve got older that most things in life you can't control. We can only hope for a positive outcome.
    Thanks for the support.