• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay

zarathustra

Warren Scout
We order our hay from TimothyHay.co.uk, it's reasonably priced, you get good service with quick delivery, and the ladies love it so there is rarely much waste.

But I've noticed that the last 2 or 3 batches have suddenly started really affecting my allergies (I have hay fever).

The first batch it happened with it was so bad that if I did t wear a mask when doing their hay it would leave me struggling to breath (not serious but very wheezy).

The second lot I got lots of what looked liked bites on my arms (but could have been allergic reaction to where the hay has poked me).

And this batch I get some welts on my hands, but if I don't wear a mask and wash my hands as soon as I'm finished I get really itch eyes and end up with the sneezes for a few hours.

I know it's likely just the types of hay in the batches, and how long ago it was harvested etc.

Has anyone else ever had something like this?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

We order our hay from TimothyHay.co.uk, it's reasonably priced, you get good service with quick delivery, and the ladies love it so there is rarely much waste.

But I've noticed that the last 2 or 3 batches have suddenly started really affecting my allergies (I have hay fever).

The first batch it happened with it was so bad that if I did t wear a mask when doing their hay it would leave me struggling to breath (not serious but very wheezy).

The second lot I got lots of what looked liked bites on my arms (but could have been allergic reaction to where the hay has poked me).

And this batch I get some welts on my hands, but if I don't wear a mask and wash my hands as soon as I'm finished I get really itch eyes and end up with the sneezes for a few hours.

I know it's likely just the types of hay in the batches, and how long ago it was harvested etc.

Has anyone else ever had something like this?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, for the past couple of months I have had all of the symptoms you've described, apart from the itchy eyes. I do often suffer from symptoms from a variety of different allergens. Yes, I do use timothy hay from Timothyhay.co.uk, but the symptoms do not appear to be directly related to the hay i.e. they usually appear/happen after I've come inside the house. I am usually outside for a while and do other things rather than just care for the bunnies. This means that it could have been any allergen outside, but also doesn't rule out the hay.

Unless the wheezing becomes really bad, I tend to just accept it as being part of my make-up :)

Back