• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello All!

Hi,
I'm Alison.
I've just recently (6 weeks ago) rescued three 5 week old Does (now 11 ish weeks) from a ladies garden where they were running free, had no shelter from the elements and a bottle of water that was rolling around on the floor!
There were 5 babies and mum and dad but I could only take the 3 sadly. After 2 hours of gaining their trust and safely catching them (and making sure the ones left had water) I brought them home, gave them a quick health check and placed them all together in a 6 foot, fully insulated, 2 storey hutch with DIY run and all the hay they could eat!
They've more than doubled in size and are excellent hay eaters.

I also have 8 male guinea pigs, 6 hamsters, 2 gerbils and a tank full of fish that won't stop breeding!

All my animals are rescued (fish included) and very spoilt by myself, 3 children and my hubby of 12 years.

Also I've been told if I rescue anymore little furries I'll be shot [emoji15][emoji1]

Nice to meet you all.
Alison.

P.s I'm fully aware baby rabbits aren't meant to leave mum until 8 weeks but they needed help and I'd seen them all eating grass, kale and pellets I'd brought along.
I also contacted a local shelter to make them aware of the situation.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome! As the "girls" are getting older now, have you checked they are indeed girls as some boys look like girls until they are about 12 weeks old. You will need to be ready to separate them soon if there is a boy or two in the group. Boys sometimes fall out at around 12-14 weeks, sorry if you already know this. Also you don't want them to get pregnant at this young age. :)

Hello and welcome! As the "girls" are getting older now, have you checked they are indeed girls as some boys look like girls until they are about 12 weeks old. You will need to be ready to separate them soon if there is a boy or two in the group. Boys sometimes fall out at around 12-14 weeks, sorry if you already know this. Also you don't want them to get pregnant at this young age. :)
Hi [emoji112]

I've been checking them once a week since I got them. At one point I wasn't sure so took them to my vet for a health check and I.D check. She was certain they are all girls and they're all in very good health.
I most definitely don't want to add to the growing population of unplanned bunny pregnancies.

Their names are Thunder-Bolt (black), Toca, pronounced Tow-ca (harlequin with blacker face) and Lola (harlequin with one creamy coloured ear).
Lola is on her own in the pictures.
My children named them.
f2e0879e1fd22cfbd7cc417fcf365791.jpg
026ef9f220cc49207b64f390a73c3fbc.jpg

Welcome to the forum :wave: Your little bunnies are very cute :love: What a sad situation though. Have you heard what happened to the rest of the family?

I like your username :)

Hi welcome to the forum :wave: well done on rescuing the 3 bunnies, who are very lovely. I really hope the others will be ok too.

Welcome! I'm glad you could rescue the girls and that they're all in good health. They're very cute. =) I hope the poor bunnies you had to leave there will find a better home very soon as well.

Hi all and thank you.
Sadly I've no idea how the other bunnies are and I'm too nervous to phone the lady back to find out.

It was a very odd situation and i didn't want to pry but my understanding was that they were moving from a house with a garden to a flat so had to rehome the bunnies. She also said they'd put dad back with mum too soon after his neuter and thats how the babies happened.

Ah, I see. What a sad situation. Still, their having to move doesn't explain the bunnies not having any shelter or accessible water. It doesn't sound like they were taken care of very well... =( It's wonderful that these girls could join your large animal family. =)

Back