Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonding Obi & Martha!

Default Bonding Obi & Martha!

Martha and Obi had their first real introductions yesterday!

There were some squabbles I had to break up because they were really locking on to each other and claw fighting (mostly Obi on Martha) and Martha's dicky eye got really weepy but besides that it went pretty well.
    Obi was mostly just concerned with eating. Martha was very wary of him after the repeated attacks but she stood her ground well and ignored him for the most part (even during said attacks). I think that worked really well because Obi doesn't really give a toss about other rabbits except when they move quickly/run away from him and then I think his nervous nature comes out as defensive attacks.
    They stayed together for about six hours and by the end Obi seemed to have chilled out quite a lot. He obviously wanted attention from her but I think she was too nervous to give it. Hopefully when we give it another go on Sunday (next available opportunity) they'll warm to each other a bit more. After we put Martha back in her room Obi spent a lot of the day just lying down by her fence so I'm feeling hopeful.

Pics because they're so gosh darn cute

In the beginning, after initial attacks and before continued bullying made Martha too nervous to eat

After Obi chilled out

When Martha didn't come and pay him attention he got up and demanded grooming. She did not give it.

I really hope this works out ❤️

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

I really hope this works for them!

Sounds like the session ended well.

Good luck for Sunday!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Beautiful photos and hope it works for them.

How long can a rabbit go without eating, did Martha not eat for the full 6 hours?

She did eat in little bursts and I was sneaking her bits of fenugreek crunchie if she went more than about half an hour without nibbling to make sure she was ok
    Whereas Obi literally didn't stop chomping for four hours, took a little break and went back to eating. He's a machine!

Fingers crossed for you all. They are both gorgeous

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    She did eat in little bursts and I was sneaking her bits of fenugreek crunchie if she went more than about half an hour without nibbling to make sure she was ok
    Whereas Obi literally didn't stop chomping for four hours, took a little break and went back to eating. He's a machine!
    Nawww but I did laugh at him being described as a machine lol

I hope it'll go well and they'll become good friends! =) What a size difference!

I hope the bonding goes well

Had another date yesterday. Some initial squabbles but generally pretty good with both of them chomping away and quite comfortable with each other for a few hours. They both asked for grooming but neither responded. Obi did a big flop and Martha lay near him which felt really positive and then all hell broke loose. Relentless attacking each other and I've no idea what triggered it. It seemed pretty nasty and they were going for faces so we intervened with badminton rackets, waited for it to be calm for a few minutes and then split them.

When I thought it was going well: