• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny, u/d name Amber

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Even with Heidi and Raven, my home has felt empty since I lost Madelyn on July 24th. Recently I was looking to adopt a small breed bunny, yet there are very few rabbits available and so far I have only seen a few larger breeds.
The pet supply store where I purchase my hay and pellets operates it's own adoption center (cats mostly) yet it also sells hand raised birds and small animals, including some bunnies. Today I was picking up bunny supplies when a group of lionhead bunnies caught my eye.

I tried to resist, yet soon was sitting on a folding chair holding one of the females. She is a butterscotch/carmel color with sable brown on the tip of her nose and her ears. Holding her made me so happy I almost cried so they agreed to hold her until the end of the day.

I purchased my hay and left to get some greens at the grocery store. After phoning my spouse, I decided to get this 9 week old lionhead. Please, no lectures about purchasing a bunny from a pet supply store instead of getting a rescue. The store owner made me sign the same paperwork they use for adoptions. I must give her a proper home and medical care and if I cannot do so for any reason I must surrender her for adoption. Of course this will not be necessary, this little girl deserves a good home and I will do my best to give her one.

We got home an hour ago, so we are still trying out names. We will update when I get one that fits.

Last edited:
No lectures from me. Just love and admiration. I know how much the loss of Madelyn hurt, and it won’t ever leave, but it also leaves a gap that you want to fill and occasionally when we aren’t looking for it, fate just seems to look over our shoulder and present us with a special opportunity.
For you this opportunity has happened and your new bunny has just landed very firmly on her paws and has found her forever home with all the love and warmth she will ever need.
I can’t wait for photos - she sounds beautiful. She is so lucky to have found you and I’m sure it was meant to be - because you weren’t looking for her.
Xx

I agree with Craig, I think fate has stepped in to help heal your broken heart, this lucky liitle bunny was definitely meant to be xxx

No lectures from me. Just love and admiration. I know how much the loss of Madelyn hurt, and it won’t ever leave, but it also leaves a gap that you want to fill and occasionally when we aren’t looking for it, fate just seems to look over our shoulder and present us with a special opportunity.
For you this opportunity has happened and your new bunny has just landed very firmly on her paws and has found her forever home with all the love and warmth she will ever need.
I can’t wait for photos - she sounds beautiful. She is so lucky to have found you and I’m sure it was meant to be - because you weren’t looking for her.
Xx
Thank you for the lovely words. It has been a few years since I had a bunny this young so I am a bit nervous.

Last edited:
Even with Heidi and Raven, my home has felt empty since I lost Madelyn on July 24th. Recently I was looking to adopt a small breed bunny, yet there are very few rabbits available and so far I have only seen a few larger breeds.
The pet supply store where I purchase my hay and pellets operates it's own adoption center (cats mostly) yet it also sells hand raised birds and small animals, including some bunnies. Today I was picking up bunny supplies when a group of lionhead bunnies caught my eye.

I tried to resist, yet soon was sitting on a folding chair holding one of the females. She is a butterscotch/carmel color with sable brown on the tip of her nose and her ears. Holding her made me so happy I almost cried so they agreed to hold her until the end of the day.

I purchased my hay and left to get some greens at the grocery store. After phoning my spouse, I decided to get this 9 week old lionhead. Please, no lectures about purchasing a bunny from a pet supply store instead of getting a rescue. The store owner made me sign the same paperwork they use for adoptions. I must give her a proper home and medical care and if I cannot do so for any reason I must surrender her for adoption. Of course this will not be necessary, this little girl deserves a good home and I will do my best to give her one.

We got home an hour ago, so we are still trying out names. We will update when I get one that fits.

i know exactly what you mean about the house feeling empty.
i'm so happy for you, bunny momma, and for the new addition to your family too. she sounds gorgeous and now has a wonderful home :love:

Aww...how wonderful for you! I burst out in a big smile when I saw your thread title. Very much looking forward to photos and I can't wait to see what her name will be. :love:

Welcome home little one, you've landed on your feet, sweetheart! :D xxxxx

I hope that she settles in well and I too am looking forward to photos :D

It is almost 4am and I am keeping her company on her first night alone. She is eating in the litterbox and using her fleece blanket for pee and poo. :oops: She likes the blend of Timothy hay and orchard grass and nibbled a few young bunny pellets that do not have gmo ingredients. I gave her a water bowl and bottle. She is more active than earlier, so hope that is positive.

i know exactly what you mean about the house feeling empty.
i'm so happy for you, bunny momma, and for the new addition to your family too. she sounds gorgeous and now has a wonderful home :love:

Thank you. I am always surprised at the amount of space that is filled by a little bunny and her things.

Aww...how wonderful for you! I burst out in a big smile when I saw your thread title. Very much looking forward to photos and I can't wait to see what her name will be. :love:

Welcome home little one, you've landed on your feet, sweetheart! :D xxxxx
Thank you.Seeing her made me smile and holding her made me cry with joy.

Have you thought of a name for her yet ?

I have a few possible names yet so far I refer to her as fuzz bail. It may take a few days since this was so unexpected.

She is quarantined from other bunnies and I washed myself and changed clothes before caring for Heidi and Raven. We do not have vaccines. Any advice?

Awhh!

No judgement here, Fleur was the same, I kept seeing her for weeks and no one was taking her and she'd hide but then follow me along the glass, then hide if other people came over [emoji38][emoji38] I was like yeaaa you're coming home with me I can't come back next week and see you again!

We need pictures [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back