• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny, u/d name Amber

Bunny momma, that might just be the most beautiful lionhead rabbit I've ever seen. What a stunner! :love: And those are some professional grade portraits. You should have some of them made to put on your wall. :thumb:

Kklrt3S.jpg

My Amber. She is all fluff, so she looks much larger than she feels. I plan to weigh her to get a baseline and monitor her regularly.
She is a very good girl and sits on my lap and has been eating lots of hay along with her young rabbit pellets.
She is very tolerant of having her fur groomed and getting lots of pets as she sits on my lap.
This rabbit has looked in a mirror, and knows exactly what she looks like [emoji38] she's a model! [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Amber is such a good girl. She is eating (too?) well, and begs for extra pellets which she eats one by one from my fingers. She eats hay well when pellets are gone so I divide her pellets in four meal portions to encourage hay eating.
She still puts all pee and poo on her fleece blankets and keeps her litterbox clean. I tried putting her poo in litterbox, yet she still uses her blanket as a toilet. She has some hay in her litterbox with rest in hay rack above it.
I am so fortunate she came into my life.

Amber is such a good girl. She is eating (too?) well, and begs for extra pellets which she eats one by one from my fingers. She eats hay well when pellets are gone so I divide her pellets in four meal portions to encourage hay eating.
She still puts all pee and poo on her fleece blankets and keeps her litterbox clean. I tried putting her poo in litterbox, yet she still uses her blanket as a toilet. She has some hay in her litterbox with rest in hay rack above it.

Lovely to hear that Amber is doing well. Her litter tray habits will probably improve once she gets a bit older and after her spay x

lovely update.
Amber is so fortunate too to have such a wonderful new home. :love: it really does melt my heart to hear about great circumstances such as this.

Amber is a very lucky bun, I think she fell on her paws when you met, but so glad you did, you enjoy each other xxx

Jane, Mike, Pets mum, Keletkezes,
Thank you for your kind words.
Today she was weighed for the first time, and she is 2.32 pounds-1.05 kg. She likes to eat and gets plenty of hay and some pellets, so balancing how much to feed so she eats enough hay.
Even though she is not using her litterbox for pee or poo, this past week she learned I am not a litterbox! So,yeah,she may just need time.
I made her 3 more fleece blankets so she now has six.

Beautiful and heartwarming update. Amber certainly has found the most wonderful forever home filled with everything she will ever need to have such a happy and wonderful life filled with so much love and care. She will learn to use the litter tray - your patience and understanding will see to that. She deserved to find you. xx

Thanks Craig,
As I type this with one hand she is getting pets while sitting on my lap. She must like it too - she is so relaxed.

Back