Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bunny, u/d name Amber

Default New Bunny, u/d name Amber

Even with Heidi and Raven, my home has felt empty since I lost Madelyn on July 24th. Recently I was looking to adopt a small breed bunny, yet there are very few rabbits available and so far I have only seen a few larger breeds.
    The pet supply store where I purchase my hay and pellets operates it's own adoption center (cats mostly) yet it also sells hand raised birds and small animals, including some bunnies. Today I was picking up bunny supplies when a group of lionhead bunnies caught my eye.

I tried to resist, yet soon was sitting on a folding chair holding one of the females. She is a butterscotch/carmel color with sable brown on the tip of her nose and her ears. Holding her made me so happy I almost cried so they agreed to hold her until the end of the day.

I purchased my hay and left to get some greens at the grocery store. After phoning my spouse, I decided to get this 9 week old lionhead. Please, no lectures about purchasing a bunny from a pet supply store instead of getting a rescue. The store owner made me sign the same paperwork they use for adoptions. I must give her a proper home and medical care and if I cannot do so for any reason I must surrender her for adoption. Of course this will not be necessary, this little girl deserves a good home and I will do my best to give her one.

We got home an hour ago, so we are still trying out names. We will update when I get one that fits.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 18-10-2020 at 12:15 AM.

No lectures from me. Just love and admiration. I know how much the loss of Madelyn hurt, and it won’t ever leave, but it also leaves a gap that you want to fill and occasionally when we aren’t looking for it, fate just seems to look over our shoulder and present us with a special opportunity.
    For you this opportunity has happened and your new bunny has just landed very firmly on her paws and has found her forever home with all the love and warmth she will ever need.
    I can’t wait for photos - she sounds beautiful. She is so lucky to have found you and I’m sure it was meant to be - because you weren’t looking for her.
    Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I agree with Craig, I think fate has stepped in to help heal your broken heart, this lucky liitle bunny was definitely meant to be xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

She sounds beautiful, canít wait to see a photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    She sounds beautiful, can’t wait to see a photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was just going to say the same

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    No lectures from me. Just love and admiration. I know how much the loss of Madelyn hurt, and it wonít ever leave, but it also leaves a gap that you want to fill and occasionally when we arenít looking for it, fate just seems to look over our shoulder and present us with a special opportunity.
    For you this opportunity has happened and your new bunny has just landed very firmly on her paws and has found her forever home with all the love and warmth she will ever need.
    I canít wait for photos - she sounds beautiful. She is so lucky to have found you and Iím sure it was meant to be - because you werenít looking for her.
    Xx
    Thank you for the lovely words. It has been a few years since I had a bunny this young so I am a bit nervous.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 16-10-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Thank you Pets Mum, Nap91, and Zoobec.

I hope that she settles in well and I too am looking forward to photos

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Even with Heidi and Raven, my home has felt empty since I lost Madelyn on July 24th. Recently I was looking to adopt a small breed bunny, yet there are very few rabbits available and so far I have only seen a few larger breeds.
    The pet supply store where I purchase my hay and pellets operates it's own adoption center (cats mostly) yet it also sells hand raised birds and small animals, including some bunnies. Today I was picking up bunny supplies when a group of lionhead bunnies caught my eye.

I tried to resist, yet soon was sitting on a folding chair holding one of the females. She is a butterscotch/carmel color with sable brown on the tip of her nose and her ears. Holding her made me so happy I almost cried so they agreed to hold her until the end of the day.

I purchased my hay and left to get some greens at the grocery store. After phoning my spouse, I decided to get this 9 week old lionhead. Please, no lectures about purchasing a bunny from a pet supply store instead of getting a rescue. The store owner made me sign the same paperwork they use for adoptions. I must give her a proper home and medical care and if I cannot do so for any reason I must surrender her for adoption. Of course this will not be necessary, this little girl deserves a good home and I will do my best to give her one.

We got home an hour ago, so we are still trying out names. We will update when I get one that fits.
    i know exactly what you mean about the house feeling empty.
    i'm so happy for you, bunny momma, and for the new addition to your family too. she sounds gorgeous and now has a wonderful home
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Aww...how wonderful for you! I burst out in a big smile when I saw your thread title. Very much looking forward to photos and I can't wait to see what her name will be.

Welcome home little one, you've landed on your feet, sweetheart! xxxxx