• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kid's table as platform?

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
I'd like to give Sophie and Casper a platform to sit on so they can climb and be a bit higher up when they want to, and I saw this children's table with chairs at IKEA and wondered if it would be safe/suitable: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/laett-childrens-table-with-2-chairs-white-pine-50178411/

laett-childrens-table-with-2-chairs-white-pine__0735856_PE740220_S5.JPG

It says it's pine, and it doesn't look like it's treated with anything? And children's stuff can't be treated with anything unsafe anyway, right?

It's bigger and cheaper than the platforms I've seen so far that are actually made for small animals.

I'd say go for it. Maybe add non-slip for
to the seats & table so they don't slide when jumping up and down.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Adding something non-slip like sisal sounds like it would be a good idea, yes. The tabletop and chairs do look slippery.

I will consider getting them the DUKTIG doll bed, haha. I was actually looking at it earlier and wondering whether they'd like it, since I've seen so many pictures of bunnies with that bed!

I got some kids' stools from Lidl and just sandpapered the top lightly with a harsh-grade sandpaper: they've since got covered in claws marks so are well-used! :D

Oh, that's a good idea. I wonder if sandpapering will work with these... It says the tops are made of fibrewood and foil, hm... I don't think you can sandpaper foil...? I'm not much of a DIYer; I have no idea, haha. I'm glad they like their kids' stools! =)

Sophie and Casper got their new furniture today! I only assembled it an hour ago, but they've already checked out the new stuff:

6wcEvNch.jpg

I stuck velcro on the table and chair and put some hemp mats on them, so they can't slide around (the hemp mats are fuzzy enough that they stick to the velcro). I've only assembled one chair for now, since I don't really know where I'd put the second one. I put their new digging box underneath the table, too.

I also got the bed, and Sophie seems to like it:

GkGmnnkh.jpg

Last edited:
That looks fantastic, lucky bunnies. I love those bunny beds, think Treacle would trash it or wee on it, probably both :lol:

Back