• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stalky hay

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
The piggies have decided that they like stalky hay. Any recommendations for anything that is good 'n' stalky at the moment? Thanks :)

We using both Timothy hay.couk and box club at the moment. Both seem quite crunchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our local equestrian centre so-fresh-off-the-field meadow hay is lovely and stalky but also much shorter than usual. I reckon the weather played its part.

Timothyhay.co.uk regular hay 2020 is just as long though. I've only recently used haybox so no comparisons over time

Joey & Boo have a hay rack now (eventually got round to moving it from lounge) so I'm tempted to buy some cheap hay as the box covering then unlimited nice stuff in the rack. Reckon I'd save lots but theres the issue of storage

Timothyhay.co.uk regular hay 2020 is just as long though. I've only recently used haybox so no comparisons over time
Ooh... Maybe he cut I got was shorter: I noted the weather because we had such a dry spell it really hasn't grown enough (on the lawn), and even the wet spell has only helped it spread to the bare areas rather than grow taller.

We keep one bale of hay in: we can fit 4/5 of a bale in the Ikea Omar racks (the rest has temp storage in a top-opening carrier). I could clear out more racks to fit more in but that's hard and I don't use more than 2 bales a year. Bunnies have enough hay for a about 4 days once that rack is wholly empty.

Back