• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed for Phillip and Britney

Thanks everyone. Just picked them all up on my lunch break. Three very grumpy bunnies especially the one with the shaved side [emoji38][emoji38] but they did manage to do the conscious ultrasound which is great (and cheaper!!)

So no bladder/kidney stones found but his bladder and kidneys are both very big which the vet thinks is an effect of the diuretic with the EC making it worse. He checked his heart on the ultrasound too and said the fluid looks almost normal levels at the moment so is reducing his frusol dose. I have to monitor for 2 weeks to see if his breathing or general demeanor changes alongside whether it impacts the incontinence and we will go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like a reasonable result to me. I hope that reducing the diuretic helps with the incontinence, whilst not having any adverse impacts elsewhere.

I hope they and you have a relaxing evening.

Yes I agree, results sounds ok, no stones is good ! Really hope adjusting the meds will help. Sending lots of settling back in vibes for all 3 buns x

Glad you had good news,especially about normal fluid around heart. Sending vibes reducing med will help his wee issue.

Back