• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed for Phillip and Britney

So I have just spoken to a vet nurse who is the parent of a child in my class and she was able to update me at the end of the day - very handy!!

He’s been very feisty, chewed through the IV tube within minutes and has been growling at all the staff [emoji23] he’s eaten a little and passed some misshapen poo. Not sure of blood test results, will find those out when I pick him up at 6.15. Really hope he is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have just spoken to a vet nurse who is the parent of a child in my class and she was able to update me at the end of the day - very handy!!

He’s been very feisty, chewed through the IV tube within minutes and has been growling at all the staff [emoji23] he’s eaten a little and passed some misshapen poo. Not sure of blood test results, will find those out when I pick him up at 6.15. Really hope he is ok

That’s my boy :love:

I like that he is feisty :) Come on Philip lad - let them have it x

So he’s home, he’s not himself but he’s nibbled some dandelions. I kept him separate from the girls for a while to settle him back in and get rid of the ‘vet’ smell. First thing he did when I put them together was lick Whitney on the head :love:

He will be having an ultrasound next week. I’ve asked for a conscious one so fingers crossed he’ll behave. The blood test was high in a couple of things, I have a copy of the results. The vet wasn’t concerned overly but I’d be interested to see what people think here.

f7281814be11ddb78d937440623330f4.jpg

Last edited:
So he’s home, he’s not himself but he’s nibbled some dandelions. I kept him separate from the girls for a while to settle him back in and get rid of the ‘vet’ smell. First thing he did when I put them together was lick Whitney on the head :love:

He will be having an ultrasound next week. I’ve asked for a conscious one so fingers crossed he’ll behave. The blood test was high in a couple of things, I have a copy of the results. The vet wasn’t concerned overly but I’d be interested to see what people think here.

yay - i'm glad Phillip is back home and reunited with his girlies. Really pleased the vet wasn't worried about his results xx

Glucose is elevated when they are stressed so i understand that wouldn't likey be a true result. I don't know about the low phosphorous (but i'm sure its bad when high). I think Creatine & Urea are high when there are actute or chronic kidney problems but Phillip has one perfect & one very slightly out. I hope it reassures you when I say I checked against Rudeys & they are nothing like xx

Glucose is elevated when they are stressed so i understand that wouldn't likey be a true result. I don't know about the low phosphorous (but i'm sure its bad when high). I think Creatine & Urea are high when there are actute or chronic kidney problems but Phillip has one perfect & one very slightly out. I hope it reassures you when I say I checked against Rudeys & they are nothing like xx

Thank you that is very helpful and has put my mind at rest. The vet said for kidney problems she'd expect both C&U to be high but I panic and thought of Rudey and his symptoms. So that is really reassuring thank you xx

I'm glad that Phillip's results are not giving the vet cause for concern. Sending him more vibes this morning.

I hope Phillip has a peaceful restful stress free night. He will feel so much better emotionally being at home.
Topping up the vibes for him. Xx

Thanks everyone. Phillip spent the whole night on our bed asleep next to me :love: until this morning when he moved to the hay tray and started stuffing his face :love:

Still got to get to the bottom of things but pleased he is not on death’s door anymore

Back