• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed for Phillip and Britney

Phillip’s eating still and Britney seems ok (only 1 wee on the floor) but they are fighting when I put them together after the vet visit so I’ve had to split them temporarily :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phillip’s eating still and Britney seems ok (only 1 wee on the floor) but they are fighting when I put them together after the vet visit so I’ve had to split them temporarily :(

:( If its not one stress its another. Still I get that somebuns recuperate better in their own company. Great they are eating & Britney seems to be responding to her treatment.

Still I get that somebuns recuperate better in their own company.

That seems to be the case after the two most recent vet visits. Will try again tomorrow to see if they are any better. It seems to be that Britney thinks he smells different and Phillip becomes less trusting when he's been in pain and/or handled/prodded a lot at the vet. We've moved Phillip to the landing/our room and there is a mesh barrier between the landing and their room so they can still see and sniff each other. You're right though it is all very stressful, especially knowing Phillip is back at the vets next week for his ultrasound!

If you manage to get them back together today can Britney go to the Vet with Phillip on Tuesday and be admitted with him ? It might make it less likely that they will squabble when they return back home x

So they still are not back together. They lasted for an hour or so yesterday evening but then Britney jumped over his head which scared him and chasing began. I’m at work all day today so couldn’t risk leaving them. I’m not rushing it because they’ve bonded before, I’m sure they can do it again and also he’s not fully trusting after the vets so I’ll take it at his pace.

However my other dilemma is now that since returning from the vets, he’s been symptom free. No puddles or anything on the carpet at all. Apart from being a bit wary and untrusting, he’s pretty much his normal self. So do I book the ultrasound still and stress him out more again or do I wait and just book it if/when his symptoms return. Is it possible that all the fluids he had at the vets could’ve flushed whatever it was out of his system or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I'm glad that Phillip feels better in himself, might be worth giving the vet a ring, and running it by them ?

Everybun okay?

Sorry didn't see this!

Phillip seems much better, he's been causing all kinds of mischief and hasn't been weeing on the carpet at all since. I'm holding off on the ultrasound for now as I don't want to stress him out unnecessarily.

However he's still living separately from the girls :cry: He just keeps lunging and nipping at them when they're together and then they end up circling :cry:

Brilliant Phiilp is doing so well & you're back to dry carpet. Sorry he hasn't sorted things out with the girls, though at least he sounds like he's having fun on his own

Brilliant Phiilp is doing so well & you're back to dry carpet. Sorry he hasn't sorted things out with the girls, though at least he sounds like he's having fun on his own

Just in the main house...their room still has wet patches as one of the girls keeps doing it and I can't work out who :lol:

It's just so frustrating as they were all so loved up before and even now they keep sitting next to each other through the divider. I guess it'll be back to small space bonding? :(

Confined them all to our room today, lots of mounting and chasing from Phillip but he’s just started to request grooming. I think we are getting somewhere and at this point I’m feeling confident they will rebond :love:

692d80d9829860879c9198025d9b57e6.jpg

a45f0596b9aabff779f54b77899cb8ed.jpg

So the good news it that the trio are reunited completely and are all living back together in their room with no problems.

The not so good news is that Phillip has become incontinent again. He's very happy and eating well, although drinking double what he normally does. The vet should be calling me today to say if they'd be happy to do a conscious ultrasound or not.

So the good news it that the trio are reunited completely and are all living back together in their room with no problems.

The not so good news is that Phillip has become incontinent again. He's very happy and eating well, although drinking double what he normally does. The vet should be calling me today to say if they'd be happy to do a conscious ultrasound or not.

Really hope everything is ok with Phillip. It couldn't be behavioural? ie linked to bonding with girls

Back