• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jelly is being referred to another vet

The vet phoned again in the afternoon, they want to do a scan on Jellys heart, somethings wrong with it but other tests haven’t shown up anything. I completely trust these vets and can’t fault them at all I’m so grateful for what they’re doing for the rabbits. They don’t do the scan until Monday, I’m hoping they can come home then. I’m finding it really difficult without them here. Fingers crossed for good news on Monday

The vet phoned again in the afternoon, they want to do a scan on Jellys heart, somethings wrong with it but other tests haven’t shown up anything. I completely trust these vets and can’t fault them at all I’m so grateful for what they’re doing for the rabbits. They don’t do the scan until Monday, I’m hoping they can come home then. I’m finding it really difficult without them here. Fingers crossed for good news on Monday

It is always good to have trust in the Vet and I hope the further diagnostics will provide some information about what is wrong. Sending more vibes x

Topping up the vibes. I hope the scan goes well and it’s something easily treatable xx

Jelly is home. A valve in her heart isn’t working properly and neither is her trachea so she’s on medication for the rest of her life. She’s been home about 2 hours and is running around as normal but neither her or Felix have eaten yet and I’m a bit concerned

Jelly is home. A valve in her heart isn’t working properly and neither is her trachea so she’s on medication for the rest of her life. She’s been home about 2 hours and is running around as normal but neither her or Felix have eaten yet and I’m a bit concerned

I am so glad they are home, hopefully they will eat soon. Topping up the vibes.

Sending lots of vibes, I hope the meds help, and that they soon settle and start eating again.

I hope the medication keeps her stable. I expect both Bunnies were stressed from the Vet trip, hopefully they are both eating and pooing by now

Back