• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering Ben - my beautiful soul bunny

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Four years ago today, my soul bunny Ben made his journey to the bridge. Two weeks after we lost Georgina, Bens soulmate and partner, Ben followed his calling to the bridge. To this day, I do not know why. I do not understand why. The memories of that sad day are burned into my memory so deep that I will never forget it, nor do I want to. We couldn't help him, despite an emergency rush to the vets that morning. Ben fell asleep on the vets table in front of us. His spirit filled the room, but I could not believe he had left us.
We had rescued Ben from a sad life in a lonely cage. I was drawn to him for reasons I cannot explain, but there was a magic about Ben that was his aura. He was the gentlest of rabbits - a big bunny with a huge heart. Gentle, loving and adored attention. He would run the full length of the garden to say hello and greet you with licks. He loved gentle face massages, and carrots. And Peas. he loved peas in the pod. He would wait patiently at the top of the hutch and watch you open the pod and then he would delicately pick each pea out individually.
But most of all, Ben loved Georgina. They were inseperable and he doted on her - except when it came to feeding time. Ben loved his food and Georgina had to develop ways to prevent Ben scoffing the lot. Ben was Georgina's support and Ben was a light for me.
I feel his loss every day. I feel a sense of such overwhelming guilt that I was not wise enough to help him when he needed my help. I rescued him - I should hev been able to save him but neither I nor the vets could. The loss of Georgina hurt Ben so deep and we could not heal that pain for Ben.
I pass the spot where Ben is sleeping next to Georgina every day. I say good morning and good night to him and I spend some time talking to him there when I feel the need. But I feel so empty without him, even though we have moved on and adopted other bunnies.
Ben was reunited with his love, Georgina at the bridge 4 years ago. Their bond and friendship was so beautiful and their spirits will always be together.
Ben will always be in my heart - and my heart will always be with Ben. Missing you every day Ben. Xxx
L0C1A3C.jpg
[/IMG]

uvk3IeH.jpg
[/IMG]

Beautiful words Craig, thank you for sharing Bens story, it brought a tear to my eye, but what an amazing life you gave him and Georgina. Run free together Ben and Georgina. Big hugs Craig xxx

Ahhh....can't see my keyboard through the tears :cry::cry::cry:

What a beautiful friendship you had, and clearly still have, with this wee soul. There's no explaining this any more than one can explain why such wonderful friends leave us so suddenly. They hear a call they must answer and I'm sure their hearts grieve with journeying from us as much as we miss them. :cry:

An evocative and touching tribute, Craig. Ben was blessed having your friendship and love in his life. Thinking of you as you remember him. xxxxx

Thinking of you as you remember Ben. It is coming up to the 3rd anniversary of my Spenser, but I have never been able to bring myself to post a tribute on Rainbos Bridge.

Back