• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Redesigning the shed

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So I've decided to redesign the bunny shed next year once weather warms up.

I want to get rid of their Manor pet housing litter tray and instead create a large hay storage that also acts as a rack to save my mum some hassle.
That will be built into a shelf that allows them a view out the window. So the top of the hay rack will be hinged to allow access.

I've found some fairly cheap flooring so I can finally floor and seal it to prevent damage to the wood. I'll also paint etc.

I'll keep their dig box as that is Daphnes go to sick place so I want to make sure I'd still be easily able to get to her.

I'll also this weekend install a little plastic flap into their access door as we've discovered water is able to get into the shed.

I've done rough (bad) drawings. Any suggestions/ideas? (If you can understand the drawing)

The shed has electricity so we'll probably add a light at some point too. There is already a camera.
1cb43daf2433bdfe5ffef226c4c02fa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Water ingress at the access: be aware of wind directions. Something more like a hood may be more effective.

I really like this idea, and I think it would work perfectly :)

Water ingress at the access: be aware of wind directions. Something more like a hood may be more effective.

I really like this idea, and I think it would work perfectly :)
Sadly a hood would prevent the run door from being opened properly. With my mum being slightly larger than me, it needs to open normally.

Although we could try to put a small hood on with the sheet to give extra protection.

How are you planning on them getting up to the raised platform? Just wondering if you could do a tunnel like I've done for my pair rather than a ramp. Assuming that you've got a high edge to the shelf it should be pretty easy to connect using a standard Runaround connection.

How are you planning on them getting up to the raised platform? Just wondering if you could do a tunnel like I've done for my pair rather than a ramp. Assuming that you've got a high edge to the shelf it should be pretty easy to connect using a standard Runaround connection.
They find it easy to jump onto the top of their dig box, from there they can use a bridge to get to the shelf. (I'll add a security rail to prevent jumps/falls from the shelf or bridge)

If Daphne has another turn I could create a ramp/tunnel to the top of the dig box for them to use. (Hadn't thought about access if Daphne becomes ill so thank you)

Last edited:
Back