• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to bond?

Emmy_Cabs

Young Bun
Hi :wave: I am about to embark on my binding journey with Sprout and Luna. They are both neutered and have been living side by side for 6 weeks. Over the last week or so I have been swapping litter trays and accommodation.

My question is about where to bond them. They are outside bunnies and will be outdoors throughout winter. Can I bring them inside to bond if the heating is off and windows are open or do I need to wait until spring/find an alternative ?

We have a shed and a garden office but both are heated. I also wouldn’t be able to keep an eye on them in there over night so I guess the house is a better option. I’m just not sure if it’s the right time of year.

Thanks

Hi :wave: I am about to embark on my binding journey with Sprout and Luna. They are both neutered and have been living side by side for 6 weeks. Over the last week or so I have been swapping litter trays and accommodation.

My question is about where to bond them. They are outside bunnies and will be outdoors throughout winter. Can I bring them inside to bond if the heating is off and windows are open or do I need to wait until spring/find an alternative ?

We have a shed and a garden office but both are heated. I also wouldn’t be able to keep an eye on them in there over night so I guess the house is a better option. I’m just not sure if it’s the right time of year.

Thanks

As long as the temperature change will not be extreme then they could be brought in.The temperature in the bonding area really would need to be very similar to outdoors. They are likely to need to be in the neutral territory for some time, possibly several weeks. If they will eventually be returning to accommodation that either Rabbit has lived in before things could kick off if you attempt to put them in it too soon, even if they appear bonded in neutral territory.

This link may be useful to read if you have not already done so :

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/ownership/bonding-rabbits/

Back