Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Atticus very ill :(

Just catching up with this thread, sending vibes to you all x

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots more vibes for Atticus.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I'm glad Atticus is passing something, even if it doesn't have the most fragrant bouquet!

Sending lots of vibes for a continued recovery x

I'm so sorry Atticus isn't well
    I hope he feels better soon.
    A lot of vibes for him!
    And don't forget to eat and get some sleep yourself!

I hope Atticus has a better night. With stuff coming out now & a bit of nibbling I would syringe feed - hopefully it will stimulate his appetite to eat for himself xx

Really hoping he’s doing better now. Topping up the vibes and hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Ah I've never had blue! I've only got green for Atticus atm, you reckon that's okay? I've only got 5ml syringes so I'm just doing two each time. Previously for Clementine I've used orange with a 20ml syringe :S this is all just what I was given at the time from the vets obviously, I have no idea about any of this

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I am not sure how often you are giving the sub Q, so just a reminder. You be able to give more than 10ml at a time with sub Q, so do not have to jab him as often and then he will absorb it over a few hours, unlike IV. I cannot believe they only gave you a 5ml syringe to inject fluids, no wonder you have to give him so many jabs. I do sub Q by hanging the bag with a set-up and needle. Measuring using the marks on the bag is not as accurate as using a syringe, yet sufficient for sub Q fluids.

I hope you and Evelyn are feeling better today. Sending more vibes for Atticus too.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    I am not sure how often you are giving the sub Q, so just a reminder. You be able to give more than 10ml at a time with sub Q, so do not have to jab him as often and then he will absorb it over a few hours, unlike IV. I cannot believe they only gave you a 5ml syringe to inject fluids, no wonder you have to give him so many jabs. I do sub Q by hanging the bag with a set-up and needle. Measuring using the marks on the bag is not as accurate as using a syringe, yet sufficient for sub Q fluids.

I hope you and Evelyn are feeling better today. Sending more vibes for Atticus too.
    Every couple of hours, its two jabs every time previously I've had much larger syringes from my other vets for giving Clementine fluids (but I was told to give her like 20mls at a time), Idk what it is with this vets they don't seem very good with their support tbh. I should ring up and ask for larger ones, but after yesterday and the day before, I really cannot face going down there anymore,plus it's not easy when they don't want to give you the stuff. Like I asked if I can have the butterfly needles and that wasn't easy as is. My other vets is more like yea whatever you wanna use, here's a bag full Idk, I feel like I've let him down, as well with the catheter issues. I'm actually trying to leave him alone a bit more today, because I've been feeding him some greens and he has start to nibble more and more, so I'm hoping to ease back a bit on the fluids now anyway. I think if we weren't at this point though, I'd call them and tell them exactly what I wanted and tell them to give me it and charge me always an option still, but I'm seeing how he goes for now.

Still slow and little output, but he's moving around a little more, and nibbling more and more, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. He's in a right state though, he actually needs a really good bath obviously I won't do it, but he smells horrendous, is wet in places, ungroomed, there's some emeprid dried in his fur, I think he laid in pee.. Honestly he's so groomed normally it's hard seeing him like this, but I figured making him look presentable at this point would require a bath and his temperature is still low so I just wanna leave him alone tbh. If I can get him through this one, I'll worry about that afterwards. I'm pretty sure last year he ended up having a bath after his bad episode too

Warren Veteran

Aaaw poor Atticus. Do you think his lack of grooming is bothering him or is he too poorly to care? Just wondered if some wet wipes might help a bit in the short-term. I know I am
    anthropomorphising but I know how much better I feel when I am ill if I clean my teeth or wash my face - not that I am suggesting you clean his teeth!!!

Topping up the vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Aaaw poor Atticus. Do you think his lack of grooming is bothering him or is he too poorly to care? Just wondered if some wet wipes might help a bit in the short-term. I know I am
    anthropomorphising but I know how much better I feel when I am ill if I clean my teeth or wash my face - not that I am suggesting you clean his teeth!!!

Topping up the vibes.
    Tbh I think he's too ill to care, he was like this last time, got in a right state

Idk honestly! I've been thinking about it a lot, I can't work out if cleaning him up would make him feel better or if leaving him alone would be more normal and relaxing for him.. I'm conscious that he's more chilled when I'm just there giving him veg/herbs and he's left to lay down how he wants, than when I'm having to give him meds etc. Having a bath would probably be a bit like having meds, then he'd have to dry off etc. I thought about wiping him, but I don't think it would do anything honestly

If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them!