Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Atticus very ill :(

Default Atticus very ill :(

Lump in his gut again, he's extremely ill. I don't like our chances this time tbh this picture says it all really, his poor stomach his blood glucose level isn't that high though.. But that worries me also based on how he's presenting.

Any vibes really appreciated x

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sending vibes for your boy.x

Oh, no, Poor Atticus... So many vibes for him. I really hope things will look better for him once treatment has had some time to work. =(

Loads of vibes for your lovely boy x

Wise Old Thumper

Lots of vibes for Atticus from here. Hugs to you. X

Poor lad Sending lots of vibes for him x

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Sending millions and millions of vibes for beautiful Atticus. I hope that you can get him seen by the vet quickly and some diagnoses and treatment in place.
    Craig, Lillian and Leo xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks everyone

The vet wasn't confident doing an ear catheter, so I've gotta do sq fluids nervous, it's been a while and I've only done them on Clementine lots, Atticus is so skinny, anyone got any tips? I've asked for the teeny butterfly needles, so that's something I prefer them for sq fluids. I hope I can do it

Also Jane, do you know what the lactulose dose should be? He's 3kg,theyve said 1ml every 12 hours, I can't remember his dose last time, didn't know if you knew what it should be (I'd just like to check, Idk who worked it out, they've been speaking to William but yea the vet he saw didn't know what to do really)

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Thanks everyone

The vet wasn't confident doing an ear catheter, so I've gotta do sq fluids nervous, it's been a while and I've only done them on Clementine lots, Atticus is so skinny, anyone got any tips? I've asked for the teeny butterfly needles, so that's something I prefer them for sq fluids. I hope I can do it

Also Jane, do you know what the lactulose dose should be? He's 3kg,theyve said 1ml every 12 hours, I can't remember his dose last time, didn't know if you knew what it should be (I'd just like to check, Idk who worked it out, they've been speaking to William but yea the vet he saw didn't know what to do really)

I have not used Lactulose for ages and I canít remember the dose. The last Exotics Vet I consulted at The Beaumont Sainsbury was very, very anti itís use at all when we were trying to save Elsa. So I am reluctant to offer dosing advice as I am not sure .

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    I have not used Lactulose for ages and I canít remember the dose. The last Exotics Vet I consulted at The Beaumont Sainsbury was very, very anti itís use at all when we were trying to save Elsa. So I am reluctant to offer dosing advice as I am not sure .
    Oh really? Do you know why?

We're going with it, I'm pretty sure it's what saved him this time last year. We'll see, we've only got emeprid, no cisapride and no tramadol as they didn't have any :/ got loxicom but he prescribed a really low dose.. Took an xray.. But couldn't really say anything about it.. And wasn't happy to put an ear catheter in, and gave me one needle for fluids... £220 well spent.. Hoping William can look at the xray tomorrow etc but honestly I hate that rabbits come under exotics