• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opposites

glitterdust

Warren Scout
Am i right in assuming younger rabbits are more energetic, Binky more and look happier that older rabbits. Ive never had a young bunny before and my little Bambi makes Jimmy look like an old miserable, tired, unwell grump. I'm concerned he's not feeling too good but he's just Just had a dental and recovered fine.
Jimmy is roughly 4.
If I didn't have a little livewire I probably wouldn't of realised.
Am i worrying over nothing?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I think it's very likely that you are worrying over nothing. The age gap is greater with my two, one is 9 the other almost 3, but the difference in energy levels has always been apparent. My OH has often remarked whether the younger female rabbit would rather have been with a male of her own age so that they could run around a lot together. They do seem very happy together though, so I'm not that convinced.

I would just obviously keep an eye on Jimmy, but it sounds fairly normal to me.

I think it's very likely that you are worrying over nothing. The age gap is greater with my two, one is 9 the other almost 3, but the difference in energy levels has always been apparent. My OH has often remarked whether the younger female rabbit would rather have been with a male of her own age so that they could run around a lot together. They do seem very happy together though, so I'm not that convinced.

I would just obviously keep an eye on Jimmy, but it sounds fairly normal to me.
Thank you. [emoji8]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I agree with Omi. Although there's a much smaller age gap between my two, one is far more energetic than the other one (although the more sedentary one does have his moments!) and it certain doesn't seem to be an issue. In fact, I think the more bouncy one appreciates having a ready made "pillow" to flop against and snuggle up with after a good scamper about.

If he’s always been like that I’d say it was a personality thing and not to worry :love:

Back