• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggressive neutered buck

Berni58

New Kit
I had my buck neutered just over a week ago. This turned what was a mild mannered wee bunny into a psycho bunny. My hand and arm are covered in cuts and bruises with nips and bites. I have to wear gardening gloves to go near him. Even then he manages to bite through or hang onto them with his teeth. I am hoping this is temporary. any advice anyone?

I had my buck neutered just over a week ago. This turned what was a mild mannered wee bunny into a psycho bunny. My hand and arm are covered in cuts and bruises with nips and bites. I have to wear gardening gloves to go near him. Even then he manages to bite through or hang onto them with his teeth. I am hoping this is temporary. any advice anyone?
Oh no :( sorry to hear that :( unfortunately I don't have any advice but hope someone else can help :)

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

How old is he? have you been able to check his wound ? If his hormones have recently kicked in and he’s only just been neutered it will take a few weeks for them to subside. If he’s in pain at all that could also cause him to be aggressive. Hopefully it will settle down once he realises you aren’t going to hurt him.

How old is he? have you been able to check his wound ? If his hormones have recently kicked in and he’s only just been neutered it will take a few weeks for them to subside. If he’s in pain at all that could also cause him to be aggressive. Hopefully it will settle down once he realises you aren’t going to hurt him.

He's settling down slowly and is now allowing me to pat him. Think I've just been impatient. Thanks.

Only just caught your thread, really pleased to hear that your boy is back to his normal self, well done little bunny !

Back