Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Aggressive neutered buck

  1. #1

    Default Aggressive neutered buck

    I had my buck neutered just over a week ago. This turned what was a mild mannered wee bunny into a psycho bunny. My hand and arm are covered in cuts and bruises with nips and bites. I have to wear gardening gloves to go near him. Even then he manages to bite through or hang onto them with his teeth. I am hoping this is temporary. any advice anyone?

  2. #2
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berni58 View Post
    I had my buck neutered just over a week ago. This turned what was a mild mannered wee bunny into a psycho bunny. My hand and arm are covered in cuts and bruises with nips and bites. I have to wear gardening gloves to go near him. Even then he manages to bite through or hang onto them with his teeth. I am hoping this is temporary. any advice anyone?
    Oh no sorry to hear that unfortunately I don't have any advice but hope someone else can help

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    38,006

    Default

    How old is he? have you been able to check his wound ? If his hormones have recently kicked in and he’s only just been neutered it will take a few weeks for them to subside. If he’s in pain at all that could also cause him to be aggressive. Hopefully it will settle down once he realises you aren’t going to hurt him.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    How old is he? have you been able to check his wound ? If his hormones have recently kicked in and heís only just been neutered it will take a few weeks for them to subside. If heís in pain at all that could also cause him to be aggressive. Hopefully it will settle down once he realises you arenít going to hurt him.
    He's settling down slowly and is now allowing me to pat him. Think I've just been impatient. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    38,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berni58 View Post
    He's settling down slowly and is now allowing me to pat him. Think I've just been impatient. Thanks.
    Fingers crossed he will continue to settle and you will be able to stroke him on his terms.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Fingers crossed he will continue to settle and you will be able to stroke him on his terms.
    Thankfully he is now back to his calm self. Thank you all for your advice/comments.

  7. #7
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    38,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berni58 View Post
    Thankfully he is now back to his calm self. Thank you all for your advice/comments.
    Great news

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  8. #8
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,289

    Default

    Only just caught your thread, really pleased to hear that your boy is back to his normal self, well done little bunny !
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •