• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Trio - Toilet Habits turned bad

After months of trying....and I mean months!

I finally got my Trio together at the help of a professional bonder. They have been living together for just under a month now with no problems. :thumb:
Its cute seeing them together but I wouldn't recommend it. Its hard bonding them in the first place, and when they are bonded they are a nightmare in a naughty sense!

However onto my message, their toilet habits have become so bad. They where litter trained with the exception of a few stray poops - now there are dozens all over the place in their pen base and even drops of pee. Obviously they are indoors so I would rather their pen not look in that state every morning. They free roam throughout the day and do not leave stray poops while they are out, its mostly in their pen....which is still in my lounge! Surely they shouldn't be territory marking this much if they are all natured? Is there anything I can do to reduce this?

I don't think its uncommon for trios to have an ongoing poop-athon even when they are bonded. It was certainly my experience. I just viewed it as everything having a price & the extra cuteness of a trios price was a lot more cleaning up.

Congrats on getting them bonded

My pairs have both done it, poo everywhere :roll: They get congratulated when I clean them out and there's less than a dozen poos on the floor! Mine are outside though so I put it down to territorially marking to kep e.g. the squirrels aware of who owned what :) Sometimes the'll even have a few poos in the run but much rarer, mostly in the playhouse.

I don't think its uncommon for trios to have an ongoing poop-athon even when they are bonded. It was certainly my experience. I just viewed it as everything having a price & the extra cuteness of a trios price was a lot more cleaning up.

Congrats on getting them bonded

Agh! Ok thanks for that - at least its common. Its so strange how they where clean as a twosome but became messy as a trio!

Aaah ... but are they huge & filled with hay so they (rabbits, not trays) can nibble and poo at the same time?;)

Yes.....don't worry I am pretty experienced with rabbits so all the basics are covered here.

They have hay filled to the brim almost and they use wood pellet. As said, they have always been litter trained and tidy until they was bonded into a trio.

Back