• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zeus's neutering

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
We're back home again. He went for his neutering today. I'm very happy with the vet, she took her time explaining and answering all my questions when I dropped him off this morning.
Phoned me after the operation and told me it's all done and he's ok and when I can come pick him up.
When I went to pick him up, she showed me what it looks like, explained what to watch out for, how to give the meds, complemented me on Zeus being such a sweet boy, what to expect over the next 48hrs and also booked in his checkup on Thursday.

I've put his carrier right by his pen and opened it and now waiting for him to get out of the carrier, but he's just curled up in there looking very doopy.

I've got his favourite veg ready for when he comes out.

Will update as we go on. Going to be like a worried mom till he's back to his old self but watching from a distance so he can rest :)

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thank you both [emoji4]
He's out of his carrier and have eaten a little treat and given himself a bath.
Now he's just curled up inside his little space after I gave him some face rubs.
a6da93d10795d311926ab165b2eebc26.jpg

Bless him, glad its all over. I'm sure he'll be fine once the GA is out of his system, gentle nose rub little man xx

Aw, he looks like he's had a tiring day. I'm glad everything went fine and that he's eaten a little treat already. I hope his recovery will go well. =) Also, the vet sounds wonderful!

Aw, he looks like he's had a tiring day. I'm glad everything went fine and that he's eaten a little treat already. I hope his recovery will go well. =) Also, the vet sounds wonderful!
Thank you [emoji173]
Yea, I'm actually really impressed with her :)

He's just had some hay and have now stretched out a little [emoji173][emoji173]
a9b9dff13bfac69b4e0ae2abfd430252.jpg
029f70637af6ee30ed55866641cc4c5c.jpg

Well done milo - so pleased to see him looking so positive after the surgery. It’s always stressful with any op and the fact he is out and moving and eating is really good news.
Sending some soothing vibes for Zeus and hope he has a comfortable night and hugs for you too. X

Well done milo - so pleased to see him looking so positive after the surgery. It’s always stressful with any op and the fact he is out and moving and eating is really good news.
Sending some soothing vibes for Zeus and hope he has a comfortable night and hugs for you too. X
Me too :D every little move or bite to eat or drink of water makes me super happy at the moment :D
Thank you [emoji173]
He's getting less doopy by the minute, he's now digging into his veg [emoji16][emoji16]
7e8fc5e66089cd0bd7cda44de0cc5129.jpg

Thanks everyone :D and he's back to snoozing after eating half his veg :D

He does keep cleaning his wound, licks it for a min or 2 and then stops but he's done it about 6/7 times since we got home. Is this something I should watch/monitor?
I forgot to ask the vet and they're closed now :s

Thanks everyone :D and he's back to snoozing after eating half his veg :D

He does keep cleaning his wound, licks it for a min or 2 and then stops but he's done it about 6/7 times since we got home. Is this something I should watch/monitor?
I forgot to ask the vet and they're closed now :s

I would just keep an eye on him - they usually do clean themselves a bit and it is worrying but I have never had a problem. Good to see he is eating. I hope he is much more like his normal self tomorrow.

I would just keep an eye on him - they usually do clean themselves a bit and it is worrying but I have never had a problem. Good to see he is eating. I hope he is much more like his normal self tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice :D it's good to know the cleaning is normal.
Swear I'm like a twitchy nervous mom [emoji1787][emoji15]

He's poo'd and pee'd! [emoji119][emoji3060]
Not yet drank any water though [emoji848] but he's moved around, ate more veggies, even did a stretch on his tippy toes [emoji16]

Yay, that's great! And since he's been eating veggies, he might simply not be thirsty yet. He'll be getting water from those anyway, so that's fine. =)

Back