• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding My Trio

I’ve been reading this and need some advice for my rabbits. I have 2 bonded neutered sister Netherland Dwarfs approx 6months old. I have just tried to introduce my baby 8week old boy mini lop very gently. I had two separate pens in the garden, about 5cm apart, I put the boy in one first and the the two girls in the other. Initially there was sniffing at the wire which appeared quite sweet. And then approx 3 mins into the introduction the 2 girls started scuffling and chasing. I separated them immediately and removed the boy and put him away. I am terribly worried that the sisters bond is now broken and that was only 3 mins in :( what has happened, did I do it wrong?! I would be terrified to put them all together so don’t know how to proceed… any advice for me? Thanks in advance x

I’ve removed the duplicate post of this you made on the other thread as we don’t allow duplicate/cross posting. Referred aggression is very common in pairs or groups when they see/smell another rabbit. Behaviour when they are separated by mesh doesn’t necessarily mirror how they will react when they are put together. Personally I would attempt bonding once they are all spayed/neutered and wait 6 weeks post bonding for hormones to subside.

Are your girls spayed already?

I’ve removed the duplicate post of this you made on the other thread as we don’t allow duplicate/cross posting. Referred aggression is very common in pairs or groups when they see/smell another rabbit. Behaviour when they are separated by mesh doesn’t necessarily mirror how they will react when they are put together. Personally I would attempt bonding once they are all spayed/neutered and wait 6 weeks post bonding for hormones to subside.

Are your girls spayed already?
Hi Zoobec, sorry I didnt realise that wasn't allowed! Okay so the girls were spayed about a month ago, so perhaps there are still some hormones floating around? Obviously my boy is still too young to snip yet. Do I keep introducing them occasionally or keep them totally separate? Will the girls be okay still living with each other? Thankyou x

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi Zoobec, sorry I didnt realise that wasn't allowed! Okay so the girls were spayed about a month ago, so perhaps there are still some hormones floating around? Obviously my boy is still too young to snip yet. Do I keep introducing them occasionally or keep them totally separate? Will the girls be okay still living with each other? Thankyou x

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No worries :wave: there could be hormones around still, they should be fine together, I would just keep an eye on them, especially if your other bunny is in sight/smell. Personally I wouldn’t try bonding the girls with your boy bunny until after he’s been neutered, and his hormones have subsided.

Back