• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Lovely Lily has gone to the Bridge

Jaypot

Mama Doe
I got a phone call just after ten to six last night to say that Lily had just passed over :cry: It was such a shock as we did think that she may get better and we had so many healing thoughts going to her :cry:
John had nipped out to Sainsbury's to get the veggies and to get Lily her favourites - Pak Choi and some fennel. On the way back from there he nipped into the vets to see how Lily was and was greeted with the terrible news that Lily had just passed over a few minutes before :cry: He went through to see her and to hold and cuddle her - he told her how very loved and special she was to us and that mummy and daddy would love and miss her forever :cry: He told our little girl to run free.
We are devastated yet again - our lovely little girl who had only been with us for just over 2 weeks and who had bonded right away with Billy and Bobby :cry:
A post mortem was carried out and the right side of Lily's heart was enlarged :cry: They also think that Lily had a blood clot in her lung and that the prognosis was very poor :cry: We asked if she had suffered as that is what kills us most of all - to think that any of our babies might suffer. The vet said that Lily went very peacefully in the oxygen tent - she just went to sleep :cry: John said that it looked like Lily was just sleeping :cry:
Oh little one - we thought we would have you for a long time - we know that you loved your boys right away and that you just settled as though you had never been anywhere else. You where so very loving and so very pretty.
We will miss you forever and we will see you when it's our turn to go to the Bridge.
We love you Lily - we truly do.
Run free in the eternal sunshine darling girl.
Mummy, Daddy, Billy, Bobby and the rest of the Hairy Mob xxxxx
Lily6.jpg
[/img]

So sorry to hear this sad news - you are really having a hard time at the moment - my thoughts are with you.

:cry: :cry: Oh no what sad news sending kisses and cuddles your way at least she had a fab last 2 weeks with you and john

Run free lily you are never forgotten

Oh poor darling give extra hugs to Billy and Bobby and of course yourself and John from me!

We are all thinking of you!

Caz

So sorry Jay - I hate to think what you and John are going through at the moment - thinking of you all. So glad Lily had the chance to share love and warmth in your house during the time she was with you.

Oh Jay, we are so sorry to hear about Lily. :( You and John must be shattered after such an eventful Christmas and New Year! Don't ever give up - its such an amazing thing that you and John do. Even if their time with you is short, it'll be the time they cherish the most.

Love and hugs to you and John, Billy, Bobby and the hairy mob x x

I am so sorry to hear your news.

At least she went peacfully and her last 2 weeks with you and the hairy mob were happy ones.

Oh isnt life just so unfair sometimes Jay, we are deeply sorry to hear your news.

Thinking of you and sending much love
XXX

:cry: :cry: I am so very very sorry Jay and John :cry: Words are hard to find at such sad times :( Even though Lily only had a short time, I am so glad that she spent it with you and John and the rest of your hairy mob. Lily finally made it home to you both where she belonged, be it for a short time.

Life is one big emotional roller coaster and at times, we wonder if the ride will ever stop :( or wonder why we carry on in situations that make us sad :( To you jay and John, all the bunnies that have come to you have lived a life that they truely deserved, one of happiness, playfullness but most of all, very much wanted and loved.

Please take comfort in knowing that you have given love and happiness, be it for a long or short time, to so many bunnies that would have probably never had the pleasure of saying they were in their forever home if it had'nt be for you, Jay and John.

The good times and the happiness that our pets give us are shadowed by grief and turmoil when it is their time to leave us, the laughter and smiles out weigh the tears we shed when we look back with fondest memories.

I did'nt log on last night because I was feeling a bit low. It was a year to the day that i lost my Monty cat. I went out side in the rain to put some red roses on his grave and the memories came flooding back of all the stupid funny things that he got upto. I could'nt help but smile as I envisaged him running along the fences howling his head off :) It is better to have loved than not loved at all although we dont see that when we grieve :(

My heart goes out to you Jay and John. Binky free Little Lily

Denny said:
:cry: :cry:
The good times and the happiness that our pets give us are shadowed by grief and turmoil when it is their time to leave us, the laughter and smiles out weigh the tears we shed when we look back with fondest memories.

My heart goes out to you Jay and John. Binky free Little Lily

Oh Denny - What a lovely heartfelt message and I can but echo everything said here by all the Forum Folks thinking of you at the moment.

Jay & John :cry: :cry: - My heart feels really heavy for you both at the moment as you've been having such a rotten time of it lately. You gave all the love in the world to this little bunny as you do all in your care so please try and hang onto this and even though little Lilly was with you for a short time she found love and happiness with you and the boys and her passing was peaceful - although I know that will be little comfort to you at the moment.

I hope in time you can remember this little girl with a smile and remember the love shared with her.

Binky Free little one! - say hello to my Dillon at the Bridge - he's always had a eye for a good looking lady.

Dear Jay and John

I am so very sorry that you are having to go through this again with the beautiful little Lily. I am praying you have the strength to recover from this and that your year will start to get better.

You have such a beautiful home for all the buns with you. They are truly privileged to come and live with you - they all know they have come home.

Bless you both, and to Lily - run free little one........

lily .

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, what a dreadful time you are having lately but at least poor lily had your love for the last few weeks of her life. To you both DO take care of yourselves as well!!! you bunnies so need you to be strong for them love from shan.

You have had a rotten time, my heart goes out to you both and Lily please take our love to the spirit buns as HB has said. Say hello to Chas for me! xxxx :cry:

Back