• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stains on the leg/bottom

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
Hiya,
So Zeus has started being super naughty and peeing on one of my blankets, 3days till neutering!
But this morning when he went into a sploof and I was brushing him I noticed a yellowish/mustardish coloring on the fur next to and below his tail. It's not a big area or matted, just very obvious against his white fur [emoji1787]
I know he got some wee on him a bit earlier when I caught him peeing on the blanket so think it's from that.

Was wondering how long do I wait for him to sort it before I intervene and clean his tail? And how would I go about it as he won't sit still for me to do it [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Once his tail is dry you may be able to comb out some of the stained fur. If the soiled area is significant then he would need a bum bath. Hopefully that won’t be necessary though x

Once his tail is dry you may be able to comb out some of the stained fur. If the soiled area is significant then he would need a bum bath. Hopefully that won’t be necessary though x
I tried brushing at it but that strangely sent him into a want to hump my hand spree [emoji1787][emoji1787] he has however spent about 5mins washing his legs etc, just waiting for him to sploof again to see if he's sorted it, otherwise I might sneak up with a damp cloth [emoji38]

I tried brushing at it but that strangely sent him into a want to hump my hand spree [emoji1787][emoji1787] he has however spent about 5mins washing his legs etc, just waiting for him to sploof again to see if he's sorted it, otherwise I might sneak up with a damp cloth [emoji38]

Ha ha, he may decide to spray you with wee if you do that :lol:

Success!!! Haha think me trying to brush it flagged it to him, he's all snowy white again [emoji1787]
And didn't get sprayed by wee! Phew!
Thanks for the advice! :D
4be13c195bbf742a49e214eda990b93d.jpg

Success!!! Haha think me trying to brush it flagged it to him, he's all snowy white again [emoji1787]
And didn't get sprayed by wee! Phew!
Thanks for the advice! :D
4be13c195bbf742a49e214eda990b93d.jpg

Zeus say he hopes that you are not thinking of posting a photo of his boy bits after that pesky Vet steals his family jewels next week !! :shock: :lol:

Zeus say he hopes that you are not thinking of posting a photo of his boy bits after that pesky Vet steals his family jewels next week !! :shock: [emoji38]
Hahahahaha I will not even mention his boy bits after the Vet has stolen the jewels [emoji38]
I will just be throwing a no-hand-hump-anymore party [emoji3060][emoji3060]

LMAO [emoji38]

Lopsy often gets stained in places for a couple of days, but he's 7.5 so I put it down to age :D He still cleans himself up fine, except his feet :roll:
Awwww poor Lopsy [emoji173]

Yea I've given up on Zeus's feet, everytime I even look like I'm considering touching his feet he flicks me away [emoji1787]

Gosh he's dazzling white, Treacles put her sunglasses on :lol: he makes her white fur look - well, a bit grubby :?

Back