• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding after neutering

Bexrose

New Kit
Hi everyone, I have a bonded pair of young males Charlie and Nox who are both almost ready for neutering. Charlie is the dominant one and we're starting to have a few scuffles between them, especially as Nox gets less tolerant of Charlie's attempts to mount his head! i My question is do I get them both neutered at the same time or should we have one done and then the other and if so, does it matter if it's the dominant male who's is neutered first or second? Also, will I need to separate and re-bond them after the surgery or can they stay together? Thank you for any advice.

The general advice is to keep bunnies together unless they have a fight and get them both neutered at the same time. If you think it necessary to separate them before neuter then you will have to wait for a good few weeks after neutering before you can start re-bonding them in a neutral space. How old are they now as boys quite often start to fall out/fight at around 14 weeks?

The general advice is to keep bunnies together unless they have a fight and get them both neutered at the same time. If you think it necessary to separate them before neuter then you will have to wait for a good few weeks after neutering before you can start re-bonding them in a neutral space. How old are they now as boys quite often start to fall out/fight at around 14 weeks?

Hi, thanks for your answer, 😊 They're approx 16 weeks now, they're mostly best friends but we do get the odd scuffle. I'm not worried right now as they always make up afterwards and don't seen to harbor any ill feelings but I'm worried as they get older that might change if we don't neuter them quite soon.

Back