• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Run Anxiety

Nibbles06

New Kit
I'm not sure where to put this question, but I'll put it here for now.
I've recently felt like I have been depriving my bunnies of somewhere they want to be. They love their run so much, but I lost first bunny to foxes last year, and I don't think I could face letting them out there again. It's getting cold outside now so this might be it for going outside for now anyway. (don't want to shock them with the difference in temperature.)
But they have been getting very bored, and their little toys don't seem to entertain them for long. (destructive behaviour.) They have a large room to run around all to themselves.

Is there anything bunnies really like I could give them? They also climb a lot. :)

(I know little of what happened to my first bunny please don't ask)

Might be an idea to post some pictures of your existing setup. Could make it easier to make suggestions if what you have now can be seen.

If they are indoor bunnies with plenty of space I wouldn’t take them outside. Mine are indoors and have their own room. They love jumping on, off and inside of 2 raised boxes that I bought them. It’s the lower part of a cat tree system. They also love apple sticks to chew on :love:

I second cat trees: mine have one in their playhouse in summer. They also have stools, ledges... Lots of sticks, branches, food in awkward places :)

Ok, I will get them some more play equipment, and I think the outdoor run is just a no nowadays. I hope I can find some good stuff for them.

You could bring the outdoors, indoors for them. I grew grass in a tray when mine were indoor buns and I'd allow them to nibble on the tray etc every week or so (not letting them eat the grass too low etc).
c946a17e8a72fb869d2a8b8bc0fe5c56.jpg

Worked great for winter months when I really didn't want to be taking them in and out.

I also brought in lavender plants, a herb garden etc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back