• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

We've had to say goodbye to Rosie

martlou

Warren Veteran
I haven't been around on here for a while, but I think some people might remember me. For those that do, and have helped in the past with Rosie, I wanted to let you know that we've had to say goodbye to her today. She was at least 13 years old, we adopted her from BARC after she was found as a stray, more than 11 years ago. Nearly 4 years ago she was diagnosed with arthritis which she coped with really well. On Friday afternoon she lost a lot of coordination in her legs. She rallied a bit over the weekend but this morning had really deteriorated and by this afternoon there was no other decision we could make. We loved her so much and she will be very sorely missed. Thanks for all the help you've given over the last decade, it's really meant a lot to us.

She's the little blue bunny in my pic. Gone to join Teddy now, the lop.

My heart sank seeing the thread title. I'm so very sorry you've had to say goodbye. :cry:
Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs at this very sad time. Sleep peacefully, Rosie. :cry: xxxxx

Back