• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your rabbit's favourite herb?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I'm wanting to try grow some herbs for the bunnies but I'm not sure which to pick! Which ones do your bunnies seem to like best?

Odin loves coriander, Freja adores rosemary, both of them love mint and thyme. They also enjoy lavender at times but not every time I give it. Oh, and oregano/marjoram always goes down very nicely too!!

They are enthusiastic about any herb they are given but faves I'd say are coriander, basil & thyme. Coriander is good to sow now apparently as it likes the cooler weather

They are enthusiastic about any herb they are given but faves I'd say are coriander, basil & thyme. Coriander is good to sow now apparently as it likes the cooler weather

Same here, but Mint is also just as popular here. Parsley is also popular.

As far as growing herbs, yes Coriander (get seeds which say they are for leaf production not seed) can be sown now and should last the Winter. Mint and Thyme are good because they are perennials, so will come up every year. Basil is more fragile and will only grow when nights are warm.

Probably Coriander is the only seed suitable for planting now, but it is usually very popular.

Treacles favourites are Parsley, coriander, basil, mint, in that order.,and preferably from Aldi ! have tried her with Dill a couple of times but she thumps and runs away :roll:

Last edited:
Basically all of them, but Clementine loves basil the most and the white buns will take your arm off for some dill [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

parsley and coriander definately. Mint sometimes. They do like a little thyme but not much.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

have tried her with Dill a couple of times but she thumps and runs away :roll:
Maybe she's sepent some time in a former Soviet country, especially Russia, which is full of the stuff :lol:

Coriander always, lavender most of the time. Rosemary if it's winter. Mint and thyme they've never been fussed by. They treat coriander like the BEST treat on earth (they don't get it very often because we don't have it very often!), and apart from that they'd rather have herb robert or willowherb than any of the others XD

Dill, Fennel and Basil here with side orders of Coriander, Thyme, Mint, Lavender and Rosemary.

Also not a herb but my lot are rather partial to the fertilizer strings from Sweetcorn. No idea why but it gets snaffled up ahead of everything else when fed.

Coriander is the firm favourite here.

Followed by thyme but most herbs are accepted although sometimes not keen on basil.

The other main favourite seems to be watercress.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Coriander, dill and basil (in no particular order) are most popular here. I’m no good at gardening though, so the only rabbit-friendly food I manage to grow is dandelion, which fortunately is also very popular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our lion head Leo loves parsley. It is by far and away his favourite nom.
Lillian also loves parsley but is a fan of coriander and an occasional sprinkling of dill which I mix all together and add to a bag of chopped greens. I did read somewhere that parsley can raise calcium levels so I try to moderate their parsley intake where possible. They don’t seem to be fans of mint but Lillian will eat it when it’s mixed in with other greens.
My understanding is that there are some medicinal benefits to herbs so I think they are a good idea to feed.

Back