Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your rabbit's favourite herb?

Default What's your rabbit's favourite herb?

I'm wanting to try grow some herbs for the bunnies but I'm not sure which to pick! Which ones do your bunnies seem to like best?
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Odin loves coriander, Freja adores rosemary, both of them love mint and thyme. They also enjoy lavender at times but not every time I give it. Oh, and oregano/marjoram always goes down very nicely too!!

They are enthusiastic about any herb they are given but faves I'd say are coriander, basil & thyme. Coriander is good to sow now apparently as it likes the cooler weather

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    They are enthusiastic about any herb they are given but faves I'd say are coriander, basil & thyme. Coriander is good to sow now apparently as it likes the cooler weather
    Same here, but Mint is also just as popular here. Parsley is also popular.

As far as growing herbs, yes Coriander (get seeds which say they are for leaf production not seed) can be sown now and should last the Winter. Mint and Thyme are good because they are perennials, so will come up every year. Basil is more fragile and will only grow when nights are warm.

Probably Coriander is the only seed suitable for planting now, but it is usually very popular.

Treacles favourites are Parsley, coriander, basil, mint, in that order.,and preferably from Aldi ! have tried her with Dill a couple of times but she thumps and runs away
    Last edited by Pets mum; 28-09-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Basically all of them, but Clementine loves basil the most and the white buns will take your arm off for some dill

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

parsley and coriander definately. Mint sometimes. They do like a little thyme but not much.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    have tried her with Dill a couple of times but she thumps and runs away
    Maybe she's sepent some time in a former Soviet country, especially Russia, which is full of the stuff

Coriander always, lavender most of the time. Rosemary if it's winter. Mint and thyme they've never been fussed by. They treat coriander like the BEST treat on earth (they don't get it very often because we don't have it very often!), and apart from that they'd rather have herb robert or willowherb than any of the others XD
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Dill, Fennel and Basil here with side orders of Coriander, Thyme, Mint, Lavender and Rosemary.

Also not a herb but my lot are rather partial to the fertilizer strings from Sweetcorn. No idea why but it gets snaffled up ahead of everything else when fed.

Coriander is the firm favourite here.

Followed by thyme but most herbs are accepted although sometimes not keen on basil.

The other main favourite seems to be watercress.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk