• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging

Hi everyone! I've bought a big plastic tray and filled it with compost for my buns, I thought they'd like it for digging. Is there anything I can hide in the compost for them to find or any other advice?? Thanks!! X x

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I sometimes put apple twigs half buried in compost.

Some buns will happily dig with no treat motivations as well.

Could try with a treat but if they dont get it fairly quickly you'd want to take it out to stop it going yucky.

Tbh when presented with compost my guys have always just flopped in it and got lovely and dirty and then clean each other and repeat [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I sometimes put apple twigs half buried in compost.

Some buns will happily dig with no treat motivations as well.

Could try with a treat but if they dont get it fairly quickly you'd want to take it out to stop it going yucky.

Tbh when presented with compost my guys have always just flopped in it and got lovely and dirty and then clean each other and repeat [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Thanks for this! They love it :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

indoor digging box

What is a good fill for an indoor digging or sleeping box? I tried straw, thinking that she might make a place to sleep. She searched it for food, made a rounded bottom that might be used for sleeping but is not. Sometimes she hops in then back out. Wood pellets have been suggested for digging but it only works if nothing is being constructed that is just digging for the pleasure of digging.

Last edited:
Back