• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Archie not eating a squishy poop

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Hello

Archie didn't move this morning and won't eat. Tummy pressing and being quiet. I've been rubbing his tummy and he started tooth grinding. He does get gas often and normally bsck to himself within 2 hrs.

However I just encouraged him downstairs and he's done some loose poop and its very smelly. Bluerghhh

I've phoned the vet and he's got to come in at 10.40.

Any ideas, we've never had loose poop before.
6da2542bc71cdf4e3ce711ab480c1b16.jpg
ed99f71f8ef9960c0702bf41ea16858d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

He has obviously got a GI upset. Has he had any different foods that may have triggered it ?
Not that we've given him. He went with Pip to the vets on Tuesday. Which does upset him, but never like this. They may have given him different food i guess?

Not that we've given him. He went with Pip to the vets on Tuesday. Which does upset him, but never like this. They may have given him different food i guess?

Possibly although I would have thought any adverse effects would have been evident yesterday. Does he feel cold to the touch ?

Possibly although I would have thought any adverse effects would have been evident yesterday. Does he feel cold to the touch ?
He did have cold ears. So I put my hand under his tummy to warm him up. He hates hot water bottles etc. He's just started eating hay.

He did have cold ears. So I put my hand under his tummy to warm him up. He hates hot water bottles etc. He's just started eating hay.

Eating hay is a big positive. Hopefully there will be some formed poo produced in the next few hours x

I've cancelled it. We're going to monitor him. Vets didn't give them anything foodwise. They said it could be stress. Or I'm wondering if he's picked some human food off the floor. Eek.

Do you think I should cancel the vet visit. He seems more like himself and he hates the vets

See how he is in a few hours. You can always cancel it early afternoon x

Edit - we cross posted

Hope he will be OK now x

Sending vibes for Lord Archie. Eating hay is a great positive and I hope he is improving and delivering proper pooper packages. xx

Thanks Everyone. Sorry I ended up going to work. He is definitely better, but still not quite right. He is eating but only in small amounts. Normally he's like a miniature hoover!

I'm waiting for some nice nornal poop and then i'll know he's on the mend.

He looked so ill earlier, I was in full panic mode.

Sorry everyone meant to update this morning, but was rushing to get to work. He dudbt eat much breakfast, but had some plantain leaves and hay. He's just had dinner and eaten most of his pellets, and acting more like himself.

There's lots of poops around but I'm not sure who's they are. Will keep an eye on his lordship this evening [emoji1787]

Topping up the vibes for Archie. It's perfectly normal to feel anxious and in panic mode. We've all been there - some of us still are!
Lord Archie is in safe hands with you so everyone here is sending him vibes for super pooper and eating. xx

Back