Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stasis and vaccination question

Snoopy needs to know that going into stasis is not a way to avoid the vet trip Hope he feels better soon xx
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Thanks for the vibes and well wishes everyone. So it looks like he was going into stasis. The vet couldn't find an obvious cause and unfortunately I couldn't be in the consult with him. They didn't have any cisapride so they had to order some at the Animal hospital for me to pick up.

So he's had his meds and I've started the syringe feeds. I'm just going to sit here now fretting until he poos! He's scheduled in again for his vaccine in two weeks, depending on how his recovery goes.

Fudgie was the one I was actually worried about as she's going through a heavy moult at the moment which is normally the danger period for stasis for her. Despite vigorous grooming she still looks a scruff bag at the moment.

Come on Snoopy, give us poops. Poor little soldier.

Does Snoops groom Fudge a lot? x

Hope he starts to pass the poops soon, bunnies love to worry us
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks both xx

J&B, Snoopy actually rarely grooms Fudgie. She has to really nag him to do it. Having said that, when I woke up a couple of days ago he was giving her quite a vigorous groom. Which makes me wonder whether he grooms her a lot more than I thought. I was actually really pleased when I saw it, but now I'm thinking I should have been worried instead in case he's ingested a load of her fur!

No sign of poos yet from what I can see. Positives, however, are that his ears feel a lot warmer than they did this morning, he's taking the syringe feeds really well and he's pretty alert. He's reacting to me doing things around him and he seems very aware another syringe feed is imminent!

We have poo! Not a huge amount and, as expected, they're on the small side. But the important thing is that they're there!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    We have poo! Not a huge amount and, as expected, they're on the small side. But the important thing is that they're there!
    Good boy, Snoopy

Yay Poo!

It's amazing the relief those little nuggets bring

Hoping for a smooth recovery!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

yay for Snoopy poo - inevitable they'll be small with such reduced appetite / food refusal . What a clever sausage - is he eating much?

Poop yay ! good boy Snoopy, keep it coming ! xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES