Thread: blocking off a 7ft space

Default blocking off a 7ft space

Iím pretty stumped on this one

this is partly laziness but also bunny safety. I donít really want to rip up the entire back yards weeds as itís going to be quite a task tbh. I also worry about them chewing the outhouses or back gate, as theyíre made of wood.

so.. for my ease and rabbit safety, I think itís easier to block off that part of the garden. I just donít know how.

Iíd like to block off between the kitchen and the fence, which is 7ft (and would then block off the outhouses and back gate from them).

somebody suggested fence panels but Iím not sure how I would incorporate that, as I canít really attach anything (and I still need to be easily get to the back gate myself) so fence panels feel a little tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it on level, solid ground? If it’s just for bunny exercise times could you use puppy panels? Screw eyes and cable ties are useful to fix them in place.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Warren Veteran

You'll need some mesh fencing, at least 4ft tall. The trouble is finding it with the small holes required, most of the stuff in DIY shops has holes that rabbits can squeeze through, so you'll probably have to order it online.

This sort of thing:
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/apollo-50...-2-x-10m/52027
    With a bunch of stakes to hold it up.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Is it on level, solid ground? If it’s just for bunny exercise times could you use puppy panels? Screw eyes and cable ties are useful to fix them in place.
    sorry, I should have been more descriptive, I thought I included a picture but evidently only thought about it

level, solid ground, on concrete. the entire back yard is concrete with no grass.

I've been looking at puppy pens / panels but most create a pen vs a barrier. I had my eye on one that made a barrier, but its sold out currently I can only think of the ellie bo panels, but they're naff in a straight line, so I'd need more panels to create a sort of half rectangle, and I'd be looking at around £84 to do that (possibly more as I'm not sure if 1 barrier either side to balance it would work).

unfortunately I'm not allowed to screw anything into the wall (I'm not even allowed blue tack!), which is my issue. I've seen room dividers for kids, but, they need to be screwed into the wall. + as its an exterior brick wall I'd be screwing into (the kitchen wall) I feel a bit iffy pipes n stuff. so ideally I need to somehow make it free standing which I think its quite impossible. the ellie bo panels might be my way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stator View Post
    You'll need some mesh fencing, at least 4ft tall. The trouble is finding it with the small holes required, most of the stuff in DIY shops has holes that rabbits can squeeze through, so you'll probably have to order it online.

This sort of thing:
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/apollo-50...-2-x-10m/52027
    With a bunch of stakes to hold it up.
    hmm that is a nice idea but alas, the garden is all concrete so no way to put steaks anywhere - and I'm not allowed to screw anything into the walls (I'm not even allowed blue tack on the walls). + as its a kitchen wall, I'd feel a bit iffy with pipes etc in case I hit something?? maybe that's a silly concern, I'm not very aware of house structure etc

Mama Doe

Large dog crates? You can sort of join them up using puppy panels between open doors. They would be self-supporting and easy to move or dismantle.

Warren Veteran

Build someting self supporting out of timber
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Stator View Post
    Build someting self supporting out of timber
    I googled freestanding fences: https://www.google.com/search?q=wood...CARCMY_enGB843 Some of them are expandable. You could mesh them up to where you needed in their 'final' position. This on https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ruby-Portab.../dp/B01FDG2JRC is 6' long and 3' high but you could mesh 1' over the top, it doesn't need to be supported. You could block up the other 1' with bricks off Freecycle or whatever, just build a freestanding column like we did on our dog crate (towards the left of the picture) https://photos.app.goo.gl/t8PifMqnH5yJU8jx5. I probably have enough spare bricks I could deliver depending on where you are
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.