Thread: Male rabbit neutered

Default Male rabbit neutered

anyone who has male bunnies and has had them neutered - did you find that they were less aggressive towards eachother/ less territorial after being neutered? they have been fighting and i dont wanna risk reintroducing them for a while incase i get attacked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloemelissa View Post
    anyone who has male bunnies and has had them neutered - did you find that they were less aggressive towards eachother/ less territorial after being neutered? they have been fighting and i dont wanna risk reintroducing them for a while incase i get attacked again.
    Two un-neutered Bucks together will fight so you need to separate them until they are neutered. It may be possible to re-unite them after neutering and when their hormones have died down. Usually this takes several weeks after neutering.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

A Book written by a very brave RU member
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Growing-Gem...3LhYb9LJt5FjCM

Mama Doe

Yes - neutering does chnge the behaviour as they don't have the same need for aggression and territory. As mentioned, it will take several weeks for hormone levels to reduce, so you may need to separate the boys for a while, then rebond them.

If they are already fighting, they need separating immediately - preferably so they can't see or smell each other. This gives a much better chance of a successful rebond 6 weeks or so after neutering. There may be referred aggression if they still have contact with each other, hence the total separation rather than remaining separated by eg a wire mesh wall.

I hope all goes well.