Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Archie not eating a squishy poop

Default Archie not eating a squishy poop

Hello

Archie didn't move this morning and won't eat. Tummy pressing and being quiet. I've been rubbing his tummy and he started tooth grinding. He does get gas often and normally bsck to himself within 2 hrs.

However I just encouraged him downstairs and he's done some loose poop and its very smelly. Bluerghhh

I've phoned the vet and he's got to come in at 10.40.

Any ideas, we've never had loose poop before.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

He has obviously got a GI upset. Has he had any different foods that may have triggered it ?

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    He has obviously got a GI upset. Has he had any different foods that may have triggered it ?
    Not that we've given him. He went with Pip to the vets on Tuesday. Which does upset him, but never like this. They may have given him different food i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Not that we've given him. He went with Pip to the vets on Tuesday. Which does upset him, but never like this. They may have given him different food i guess?

Possibly although I would have thought any adverse effects would have been evident yesterday. Does he feel cold to the touch ?

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Possibly although I would have thought any adverse effects would have been evident yesterday. Does he feel cold to the touch ?
    He did have cold ears. So I put my hand under his tummy to warm him up. He hates hot water bottles etc. He's just started eating hay.

He did have cold ears. So I put my hand under his tummy to warm him up. He hates hot water bottles etc. He's just started eating hay.

Eating hay is a big positive. Hopefully there will be some formed poo produced in the next few hours x

Eating hay is a big positive. Hopefully there will be some formed poo produced in the next few hours x
    Do you think I should cancel the vet visit. He seems more like himself and he hates the vets

I've cancelled it. We're going to monitor him. Vets didn't give them anything foodwise. They said it could be stress. Or I'm wondering if he's picked some human food off the floor. Eek.

Do you think I should cancel the vet visit. He seems more like himself and he hates the vets

See how he is in a few hours. You can always cancel it early afternoon x

Edit - we cross posted

Hope he will be OK now x

Sending vibes for Archie. Glad he is eating some hay and is starting to improve.