• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with shed conversion!

bs189

New Kit
Hi there,

I am currently in the process of converting a shed for my rabbit Bertie as he gets older. However there are a couple of things I’m looking for help on!

Firstly, I am looking to fit an extra mesh door as seen in most shed/playhouse conversions however I am unsure of how to do this and looking for some advice on how others may of done this!

I was also wondering how people have fitted Lino/vinyl flooring down on a wooden floor without their rabbits pulling it up.

I have had a look through all the housing stickies but can’t quite find the answers I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of converting a shed for my rabbit Bertie as he gets older. However there are a couple of things I’m looking for help on!

Firstly, I am looking to fit an extra mesh door as seen in most shed/playhouse conversions however I am unsure of how to do this and looking for some advice on how others may of done this!

I was also wondering how people have fitted Lino/vinyl flooring down on a wooden floor without their rabbits pulling it up.

I have had a look through all the housing stickies but can’t quite find the answers I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance!

With the lino question, we put lino down and took it up the sides a few inches as well. Then we fixed a narrow band of weldmesh over the join. It has worked for us :)

We did a playhouse but a lot of it is the same :) My DIY skills are rubbish (except roofing sheds etc., who knew!) but I discovered they were good enough for keeping rabbits in the right place and out of the wrong places :lol:

Here's our solution: they've never jumped over it except once when I was stood right there and Lopsy landed on my thigh and bounced off (he's an idiot):

11393401_10101600486131758_587717200790906110_o.jpg

Hinges are on the right of this picture and the door opens inwards, and there's a (wobbly) bolt on the outside so when I open the outer door it doesn't fling itself open (usually).

Our playhouse was secondhand and came with pre-cut lino which I refitted and 'clamped' down with some quarter-circle batten I had lying around (screwed in). Also shows other side of gate:

11313183_10101626008060608_8837799376624106146_o.jpg

The corners of the playhouse are a bit rubbish, so we filled them with wood filler which can be seen here :thumb: If you need to do any filling like this, make sure you leave it at least a week before putting bunnies in! We've had a few tentative nibbles at the batten but nothing destrcutive :)

Back