• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peeing after castration

Hi all,

I had my male bunny Snoopy castrated two weeks ago. Before surgery he always peed in his litter tray but now he's started going in random places. Is this normal while he is recovering?

I've tried a few Google searches but can't find anything on the subject straight after castration. Only that castration improves litter training!

Has anyone come across this before?

Appreciate your help.

He'll be having a hormone surge. Give him 6 weeks, then neutralise everything but his liter tray with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. :)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Our boy took about longer after his hormone surge post neuter. About 12 weeks to get the litter training back.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

I did call the vet and they thought it could be a water infection so he’s on a course of Metcam for 5 days. The peeing has stopped so far, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed! I also added another litter tray which also seems to have helped too.

I’m praying it stays this way!

Back