• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A pet appreciation thread

I just fell in love with Oliver and Freddie. They're so beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thank you. I'm totally biased but they're very handsome and so funny.

MimzMum, Oliver always looks a homeless scraggly mess. [emoji23][emoji23] His fur looks beautiful but is a nightmare to keep on top of - it's like wool and just felts with the tiniest bit of friction. I'll add a couple of his tidier looks. [emoji23] And another of big Freddie just because I can!

Liz, Bobbi's just been using the treadmill as they feel that's best for working on the proper use & placement of her back legs. She's fine once she's in there and works really well. She's had 7 sessions and she's gone from permanent skipping to a proper walk on her back legs already. Luckily we have a health care plan with the vet & they've agreed to pay for at least 12 sessions & then they'll reassess.

Pmsl at the wees in the pet shop. We stopped going for the same reason. [emoji23][emoji23]
9530e4d84ce02b473062bd1d022d35a4.jpg
585d7352fcdcb211e1d90c0379b36f91.jpg
09c83c2dea653c7097d08734a083a631.jpg

Ah yes, the tiger cats with lion's manes. Those are some fantastic shots of your boys. :love:
Griff was fluffy like them, although he was more Asian Tiffany than Maine Coon, such a tiny thing you'd have thought he was the runt but I saw him compared to the rest of his litter. Just a wee moggy, he was. But that fur went everywhere and he never took to being groomed. It would get thick and matted, especially in his last illness. We used to call it webbing, because it wove itself into the fabric of everything he slept on and you couldn't get it off. :roll:

Something I forgot to comment on, I didn't realize dogs got spondylosis. :( I have that and it's very painful. Is it difficult to diagnose? You said something about hopping, that's usually luxating patella in Yorkies. Jenna definitely has more discomfort in her lower back, which she threw out pretty badly about 5-7 years ago (she's 12 now.) Does it show up on xray?

Karen, that's good it's really helping Bobbi. And your vets health plan sounds really good. :) Jack has no cap on sessions on his insurance but it does come out of his limit for that condition.

MM, is Jenna on the I/D food permanently now? I'm thinking that's going to be the best option for Jack, he's on the tinned atm but I've bought a small bag of dry see how he gets on with it. He's not fussy at all so I'm sure he'll eat it.

MM, I'm not sure if you've already shown me but do you have photos of Griff?

Yes, they picked up the spondylosis up on x-ray. Bobbi's always skipped and had patella surgery on both legs when she was younger The skipping continued though & we were just told that it had become a habit essentially. Over time though, her back end started to sway as she walked rather than just the legs moving. That's when we investigated further and found out about the spinal issues & the vet suspects that the skipping (after patella surgery) is all part and parcel of that & is Bobbi's way of developing a walk that causes her the least amount of pain.

She's on a lot of meds (gabapentin and Rimadyl daily along with pardale as and when needed) but all fairly low doses at the moment because she's not even 6 yet so at least we have lots of scope to increase pain relief when she needs it. It's not ideal for such a young dog but it is what it is and so far blood tests have shown that her body is functioning well.

Liz, our insurance used to cover up to £500 of complimentary therapy but, after Bobbi's knee surgeries, that didn't go very far. [emoji23][emoji23] The vets haven't actually said no to more sessions after the 12 so hopefully they'll cough up for more too. [emoji23]

Jenna's on Purina EN. I'm not thrilled with it as it's mostly rice that doesn't even get digested but it's the only option we had for her outside of me seeking expensive nutritionists. Hill's doesn't agree with her, Ebon eats it fine though.
I don't feed dry anymore. I had 2 dogs get GDV from scoffing dry food. Jenna doesn't have the teeth for it anyway. I just wish Natural Balance hadn't been sold to Del Monte, they were an awesome company. I really don't have much faith in the pet food industry, I'm afraid. :(

Lovely photos :)

Here is one of my cats, Fleur.
I just sat down for a minute and she came to sit on me! I need to get up!
7e1be6a4bdac95bb5a4d0808db0ea5d2.jpg
34c13d9e5e2d6d962e38529d4b280525.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Back