• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clarification of Forum Rules Please :-)

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
If it is not allowed to flag up an unanswered thread in a less frequently visited part of the Forum does that also mean that 'Condolences Needed in Health' with a link to the relevant thread posts are no longer allowed ? Surely that too is a second thread about the same subject :?

TIA :)

Condolences threads are duplicate threads as you say, yes, and also imo they are not necessary, as people can and do read the original thread and offer their condolences anyway. When I look at new posts I would look at all new posts in any forum equally. I’ve more often than not already posted on the thread in health by the time I have read the condolences thread. I’m also, like a lot of people, more often than not, reading the forum in between work and reading duplicate threads means I might not be able to reply to a thread I would have otherwise done.

Zoobec;7187242[B said:
]Condolences threads are duplicate threads as you say, yes, and also imo they are not necessary[/B], as people can and do read the original thread and offer their condolences anyway. When I look at new posts I would look at all new posts in any forum equally. I’ve more often than not already posted on the thread in health by the time I have read the condolences thread. I’m also, like a lot of people, more often than not, reading the forum in between work and reading duplicate threads means I might not be able to reply to a thread I would have otherwise done.

I'm saddened by this. Sometimes there are health reads I can't contribute too & therefore visit less - but I'd always want to offer support when the worst case scenario happens

I'm saddened by this. Sometimes there are health reads I can't contribute too & therefore visit less - but I'd always want to offer support when the worst case scenario happens

I am the same. There are often health threads I can’t contribute to other than with vibes. But I always offer support when the worst happens. Which is why I always read the threads in health.

I also often don't contribute to health threads because I have nothing to offer. Sometimes I am alerted to the sad outcome but a change of title, but not always.

I also find I experience reading the Health thread before the Condolences thread but that's because people rarely post on the Condolences thread but many read it then post on the Health thread, therefore bringing it to the 'top'.. possibly they wouldn't be aware of the update without having seen the Condolences thread.

I wonder why no-one ever said anything before now then as I had been posting Condolences threads for years :?

Before you were a Mod you did it too !

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...d-support-needed&highlight=Condolences+needed

[emoji38]

Not trying to be awkward, really. But just want to know where we stand on this one :D
Yea, there used to be a battle on for creating those threads, thankfully they've stopped a lot in the last year or so. Some do slip through the net from time to time, as we can't be watching the forum constantly [emoji38]

I've had a few of my threads removed /relocated recently by other mods.. I get things wrong still.. How embarrassing [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder why no-one ever said anything before now then as I had been posting Condolences threads for years :?

Before you were a Mod you did it too !

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...d-support-needed&highlight=Condolences+needed

:lol:

Not trying to be awkward, really. But just want to know where we stand on this one :D

I have done it in the past, yes. Probably before I read the rules :lol: And before I realised new posts bring up new developments. And also before I realised that some people avoid health and rainbow bridge because they don’t want to be upset.

To be honest we have discussed this in the past and didn’t want to upset anyone so we didn’t say anything at that time. But you’ve asked specifically so I’ve answered your question :wave:

So no more Condolences threads or trying to be helpful flagging up of unanswered threads then :cry:
You can bump posts which is the most helpful way of getting things answered as it brings them to the top again :D

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's been in the rules about duplicate threads and crossposting for as long as I can remember. We're not asking people what they think of the rule, just asking them to respect it. It clogs up the forum but also people have previously mentioned that they feel uncomfortable being made to look at certain sub-forums or have upsetting content flagged up that they might be trying to avoid themselves.

The best way to ensure threads get the attention they need is to make sure the thread title is descriptive enough, the thread is in the right section, thread titles are updated if the situation has changed for example. Tbh, it's a real bugbear of mine that often Rabbit Chat is used instead of the Care sections purely because people think it will get seen.

Like Zoobec/Graciee mentioned, we had discussed the condolence threads a while back because, at one point, there were as many threads pointing to other threads as there were actual threads. There was another more important/delicate situation we were trying to deal with behind the scenes though and so we decided not to pursue it at that time because, as this thread has shown, enforcing the rules makes us unpopular. [emoji23]

So no more Condolences threads or trying to be helpful flagging up of unanswered threads then :cry:

I don’t visit health a lot as I have limited bunny wisdom I do like to know when some bun needs condolences

They won’t ban you! Without you Jane there would be no health answers so I would just keep doing it. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back