• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today...

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I learnt that my buns are scared of the ice cream van with the tune of “whistle whilst you work”. I never never seen Dennis scidaddle so fast in my life

What’s everybun scared of then?

Maple doesn’t like the BT man when he is up the pole outside our house :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Treacle is deaf, so noise isn't a problem, but I have to be careful she can see me when I approach from side, or behind or she runs for cover, until she realise its me and not a big scary hoomin :lol:

Just remembered, I have a hedgehog come through the garden on a regular basis. He sometimes wanders past the French doors of Treacles room, that starts her thumping :roll:

Last edited:
Lillian isn't phased by anything - well, except whatever it was that spooked the hell out of her when I posted that video a few weeks ago.
Leo on the other hand - Leo is an extremely nervous bun. He's practically scared of his own shadow - but I read that it's probably his breed as Lionheads tend to be more wary and more easily spooked. He's still adjusting to life here - 7 months now and I don't expect him to just settle into such a dramatic change in habitat, change in people, having a rabbit for companionship. It can be quite noisy here with freight trains rumbling past every 10 mins 24 hours a day, and ambulances belting past on a regular basis but they don't phase Lillian or Leo at all.

Rodney hates the microwave ping and anything involving tin foil bless him.

Primrose was never fazed by anything and Blossom appears to be following in her footsteps.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Bags. Tui is scared of bags. Any bags really, but the large Blue Ikea Bag Monster absolutely terrifies her and sends her crashing through the cat-flap into the shed! She really should be used to it by now, because I use the Ikea bag for washing to put on the line, so it goes past her more than once a week usually.

Lopsy has a thing about some helicopters, usually the single-rotor multi-engine ones. He's mostly deaf but can certainly still hear bass sounds, so the thumping sound of a Sikorsky S92 (the newer Coast Guard helicopters, massive things) sends him hiding in a tube. Matt suggested he was a criminal in a previous life and is scared of helicopters in case the police find him :lol: Certain boats have a similar effect. Bearing in mind we live under the flightpath into the main local trauma centre's helipad AND back on to a busy canal, you think he'd have learnt by now. Also cats: his first home had a number of cats which he was fine with apparently but since moving here he's really scared of them :roll:

Aboleth couldn't be doing with anone being up a ladder or similar, she went totally mental. When next door were up on the roof of their spray booth doing something to the chimney, she didn't move out of the bottom of the hutch area for DAYS :lol: Discussions on here revealed it was likely to do with her lack of eyesight (she only had one eye). She also didn't like the big green garden bag we have, and made Lopsy not like it as well :roll: He doesn't mind it now she's not there to tell him it's bad :lol:

Chibbs, hmm now, Chibbs is supercatious but calculating and doesn't really run at anything unless Lopsy goes first. But when Matt puts his arm across the tube into the house when he's cleaning the run out, she doesn't like that and digs at it and even gave his bare arm a good nip a month or so ago! :lol: She thumps at us a lot, sometimes just because she's excited :D She's weird :lol:

Back