• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits bond has broken. Advice please x

moi

Mama Doe
sorry I've been absent for so long. I've been working with covid patients and been blooming busy. Anyhow.... Peggy and Tonic who I have had for 7 years had a fight. I got home from work and fur was everywhere. Trip to the vets to check over and lucky just a few scratches. Full check over and doesn't seem to be any problems. However the bond has completely broken. I have tried rebonding but Tonic will not have it. He goes straight for the fighting. They are separate now which makes me sad.

I'd say to let them live separate for a little while to let the "bad blood" settle. Try to rebond in a few months, in a fully natural area.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry. I can't imagine how it must feel when they've been good friends all this time :( I agree with DPs advice. I'd keep a close eye on them health wise too - good they got checked over by a vet already

I'm very sorry too :( I'm sure it must have been quite a shock for you. I also agree with DP's advice. I hope they re-bond soon.

I have them living side by side. Last night I got woken up by Tonic just running into the dividing bit of fence. Most upsetting x

I have them living side by side. Last night I got woken up by Tonic just running into the dividing bit of fence. Most upsetting x
Sorry. I dont think I was clear with my first reply.
I'd recommend having them live completely separate, out of sight and as much as possible smell/sound of each other for a few months. Let them fully settle.

Yeah i moved Tonic half way across the garden. A relative had a spare hutch and ive put puppy panels round so he's got room to run. I wonder if I've had something in my garden that has set him off. I think Peggy would happily go back with him but hes like a bunny gone nuts :( I feel sad everytime.i look out the window x

I'm really sorry your bunnies have fallen out. I followed DP's advice when the same thing happened with my buns and I did manage to successfully rebond them. So please don't give up hope they can be friends again.

I had to do the same with my girls when they became upset by the smell of another rabbit.

Anything can cause upset, a new predator coming into the garden, building works near by, someone's escaped rabbit coming to visit etc.

Back