• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

plant/weed identity?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
so.. maybe a bit hard but I wondered if anybody had any ideas as to what these plants might be. I need to clean up the backyard but I wondered if I need to rip up the plants too if they’re not bunny safe. if nobody knows what they are, I’ll rip em up anyways [emoji38]

love to let them out on the nice days before it’s all wintery and cold!

5e52c8e82faf382db0c4f2ea263194c7.jpg

911a316ce9589b881dde9ec984a33867.jpg

419cfdd387ccb76ac25d1e7adf2a2de9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 toadflax. Not one to feed.
edit to add: just Googled toadflax and it isn't but I swear it's the same family, definitely a no-feed.

2. Willow herb - bunny food.

I don't know 3.

Last edited:
1 toadflax. Not one to feed.
edit to add: just Googled toadflax and it isn't but I swear it's the same family, definitely a no-feed.

2. Willow herb - bunny food.

I don't know 3.

nice, thank you!

I'll leave 2 then and rip up 1 :lol: 1 there is the most of. probably get some weed killer too just to make sure it stays away. I want the garden to be safe for them ofc!

nice, thank you!

I'll leave 2 then and rip up 1 :lol: 1 there is the most of. probably get some weed killer too just to make sure it stays away. I want the garden to be safe for them ofc!

Personally I think there'd be greater risk using weed killer than bunnies eating non safe plants - I'd just rip them up

nice, thank you!

I'll leave 2 then and rip up 1 [emoji38] 1 there is the most of. probably get some weed killer too just to make sure it stays away. I want the garden to be safe for them ofc!
Ahh I wouldn't use weedkiller! [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Personally I think there'd be greater risk using weed killer than bunnies eating non safe plants - I'd just rip them up

Ditto this. First is ivy leaf d toadflax. I am not even sure it's dangerous, they might not even eat it but I would consider it a lot safer than weedkiller.

Agree on 2, willowherb. Won't seed if you pick it while the pods are green but it's so widespread it'll invade from outside anyway :lol:

3 looks like a cherry tree: we get loads in our garden from pigeons eating the cherries off the ones over the canal and spreading the seeds in their poo :lol: But I'm not really sure because the one behind it that's been supernommed by caterpillars doesn't look like a cherry and I'm not sure the leaves grow like that around the stalk...

Another vote here for no weedkiller: it stays in places for AGES and, especially for those of us with outside bunnies, blows around in the wind and gets everywhere. I haven't used it at all since getting bunnies and it's actually affected my venus fly traps: they've been healthier since! I reckon it must be coincidence TBH. I find it quite calming weeding, I weeded my venus fly traps and had a great 20mins :) We leave the bunny-safe weeds to develop, partly in the hope they keep the unsafe weeds down :D ALso most of them are quite pretty: I'm hoping the white campion the moths love comes back :)

yea tbf weed killer probably wasnt the best call, i wasn't thinking :lol:

I'll rip up the others at some point, I'd love to get them out as its gonna be quite nice outside next week. I'm sure they don't care *much* but it would be fun to see them outside. just a loooot of ripping up to do. the garden is very weedy.

Growing food may be the best option if you want to save money. You won't need to buy lamps (as the sun will provide all the light your plants need), fans, or plant containers. When growing marijuana outdoors, unforeseen surprises may arise, be it wild animals, insects, or other creatures (including unwanted guests) wreaking havoc. This includes privacy and security and pollination by male plants elsewhere. Growing outdoors can present many challenges. When they learn about all the peculiarities of growing cannabis, many people prefer to buy ready-made products.

Last edited:
Back