• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What my rabbits did on the lawn...

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Eat acorns.

Eat oak leaves.

See if the peony was edible yet.

Run around like loonies and then away when the air ambulance came over low.

Get confused by next-door-but-one's motorbike.

Get bramble stuck to themselves.

What they did not do much of? Mow the lawn :lol: We do clear the acorns and oak leaves but they drop regularly at the moment and we don't stay out all the time with the bunnies, so them eating some is inevitable and hasn't led to any problems in the past 5yrs :thumb:

They had a blast of a time though.

Theory I'd use is that the oak leaves are falling due to dying off, which means the values in them are low etc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

We've got a mature Oak tree in the garden and each Autumn some of the leaves get blown by the wind into the rabbit run. They mostly leave them alone and I try to remove them when I see them,. but occasionally, I guess when they get hungry, they will eat them. A squirrel has already visited to collect acorns.

Wish our squirrel would collect more acorns! :lol: It's been digging up the lawn enough :lol: They don't eat the leaves very often: early spring they often drop in during dry periods and they won't touch them, midsummer drops are experimented with and pre-autumn (now) they've started to get hungrier. I think a lot of it is experimental TBH. They are eating more though: they're back to gnawing whole bramble sticks down to the soft middles.

Chibbs also had a mini-adventure: Mum rang just as I was about to connect the anti-escape mesh to the tube that leads to the lawn so it never got done and when I went back out she was poking around under the rosemary. She came to me when called though, miracle! Went straight back in, then straight out onto the lawn again :lol: All our bunnies have always been confused that they can't get onto the lawn if they're not confined XD

Back