• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Switching accommodation

Bunny Boo.

Warren Scout
I have got to switch accommodation this weekend for my two sets of bunnies, (3 in one set and 2 in the other set) due to one of my bunnies having severe arthritis and needing to be in a “bungalow” setup. I will steam clean both accommodations and move over their own personal belongings but should I restrict the space they have? Do I give them a small part of their new home and gradually increase it or do I just put them straight in to fully roam their new homes? Both sets have been bonded for about 4 1/2 years. What can I use to clean and remove any smell of the other bunnies? Any advice would be much appreciated to make this as smooth as possible 😊

It isn't easy to get rid of the smell of other Bunnies but using 50/50 vinegar/water will help. Moving well bonded Bunnies shouldn't fall out but they might get messier trying to overmark the territory. I hope the move goes smoothly.

It isn't easy to get rid of the smell of other Bunnies but using 50/50 vinegar/water will help. Moving well bonded Bunnies shouldn't fall out but they might get messier trying to overmark the territory. I hope the move goes smoothly.

Thank you for your advice, I will use vinegar and water and I plan to steam clean after 😁 would you section an area off for them to start with or would you just let them have full run of their new home?

Just a little update, well I’ve switched them over! Everything ran smoothly and all bunnies were very well behaved ☺️ Absolutely knackered and stink of vinegar but the bunnies are happy and that’s the main thing 😁

Just a little update, well I’ve switched them over! Everything ran smoothly and all bunnies were very well behaved ☺️ Absolutely knackered and stink of vinegar but the bunnies are happy and that’s the main thing 😁

That's great news ! Well done you and well done bunnies :thumb:

iswLf39.jpg

Peb1RD9.jpg

F6elpIW.jpg

gI9Nyyx.jpg

ZPjWdCc.jpg

eojHeH9.jpg

f6TkH8e.jpg

sorry for the overload of pictures :lol:

Back