• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Stella grew her angel wings [emoji178]

BunnyMomx2

Young Bun
So Stella and Stanley only just turned 5 months, I went to give breakfast yesterday to find Stella huddled in a corner and freezing cold.. barely breathing. Rushed her to the emergency vets which is at the pet hospital. Her temperature was that low it wouldn't read on the thermometer. Her heart was good and she wasn't dehydrated... they hooked her up to IV and Fluids.. also did an x-ray. X-ray found a mass.. but they wasn't sure what it was.. they said she had a lot of grit in her? She said rabbits apparently eat this when they are poorly.. but it makes no sense as they are nowhere near grit or earth etc.. her temp did start to improve but unfortunately I got the dreaded call at lunch time letting me know she had passed away. Absolutely gutted as her and Stanley were the cutest.. just the day before layed grooming each other. We are truly gutted for us.. but mostly for him as he is now alone.

I think the hardest thing was.. when we first got Stella we was supposed to have her sister too but her sister was in a fatal accident the day before we were to pick her up. I trawled the Internet for another baby bunny that would be ready the same day so that Stella wouldn't be alone.. hence why we found Stanley and they hit it off immediately and have loved each other since.

R.I.P Stella [emoji7][emoji173]
c1b49ac1d872d9383f7637bde8a0528b.jpg
bac90df82daf9a7e86f59be5fe2a0454.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I am so sorry to read this. Binkey free beautiful Stella.
Sending hugs to you and gentle nose rubs to Stanley. xx

Back