• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving rabbits from shed

bunnybros

New Kit
Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some advice. I've had my two bunnies living in their hutch inside a shed for about 8 years, I put them out on the grass in their run when its not raining. I've recently acquired a large walk-in metal enclosure in my garden and was thinking about moving the bunnies' hutch into there as I was thinking it would be better for them as they could easily have access to outside whenever they want (would obviously close their hutch at night). However I'm just worried as we are starting to head into autumn if it will be too cold for them in the winter, I'm not sure if living in the shed means they are technically indoor bunnies or not? As it does get cold in there in winter! I have tarpaulin to cover two sides of the enclosure and it is against a hedge which will provide some shelter from the elements, but I'm also worried about the rain being able to get into their hutch. Any advice/thoughts appreciated, thanks :D

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! Personally I would keep them in the shed. Can you attach the enclosure to the shed? They will be much more sheltered in the winter inside the shd.

Back