• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growling Rabbit

Is he neutered? How old is he? How much space does he have? Does he get plenty of hay?

I would suggest he is a hormonal un-neutered bunny.
Or he is guarding his home / hutch if he growls when you go near, in which case I would suggest he needs more space.
Are you sure he is a boy?

Yes, he is neutered. He has a two-tier 6 ft hutch. He also runs around a lot outside. He has absolutely masses of hay! ��

He is definitely a boy! He is neutered too. I think he may be guarding his hutch. He growls at his female companion a lot. Although they do get on really well. Thank you so much for your help! ��

Also, I forgot to add he is a rescue rabbit. He was abandoned and so is very traumatised. Do you think this could be a link? Once you are cuddling him he is very friendly! ��

Does he just do it around the hutch? How long have they been in the hutch? If they have been settled in there together a while and this is a new thing, I would maybe get him checked by a vet. One of my rabbits recently needed a dental and the only sign something was wrong was him chasing at/grunting at his female companion.

Back